UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately we did not find any nudis on this site but I managed to find a friendly cuttlefish that posed for me, unless it was giving me some "eff off" message.

It’s a great “little” reef isn’t it

Surprised about no Nudis - some of the hydroids down there almost guarantee then normally.

Looking forward to when it cools down - going to be interesting what we will find.

It’s a great “little” reef isn’t it

Indeed it is.

Kerstin and I did have a good look for nudis but not even the other photographers on the boat found any, perhaps it was the great vis, I don't know. I was hoping to find these Dermatobranchus you found recently, perhaps next weekend.

Three days diving over at The Dive Center during the weekend.

Had a couple of dives at Cauliflower Garden, Martin missed out on these dives though, hopefully next time.

Water temp at 40m was 22C .... bearable knowing that as soon as we ascended to 20m it was at 27C.

Strange diving this site with people that I'd never dived with before.

full.jpg

full

full

Almost two weeks out of the water due to having to work last weekend and I was happy to do a photo trip with Xtreme yesterday morning which did mean getting up at 0500 and then leaving Dubai with my buddy Kerstin by 0530.

The first dive at Xtreme Reef proved not to be anything spectacular for me despite Kerstin's last dive a week ago with some amazing nudibranchs, none were found :(

Fortunately there are plenty of other critters around and today I was checking out various whip corals for their local residents, hoping for something other than gobies but alas it was only gobies that I found.

The major challenge though was jellyfish from the surface down to 20m below. I had to descend with one hand over my regulator and mouth and use the other to sweep a path through the mass of jellies, all of them small but literally thousands of them that would have made a great meal for several mola molas if they had been around.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I eluded to mention that the temperature was 25C.

In fact it was 25C on the second dive too but I felt warmer for some reason.

The second dive was at Car Cemetery 1, were we met a boat from Sandy Beach as it was departing.

Fortunately no jellyfish but the visibility was down to 2-3m.

Few nudis ... usual suspects but I did get a shot of this Trapania aurata laying eggs

full

At the other end of the size scale we came across a large halibut buried in the sand, the eyes are amazing

full

I am not sure why they look like they do though, very odd.

There was also a large pipefish that allowed me go get very close.

full

Need to dust off my drysuit soon though as the water is getting cooler.

Excellent as usual!

Car Cemetery 1

How many Car Cemetery do they have now? I remember only one during my time there with you.

Only one dive today .... on the Ines

Although the weather was calm and we were out early it was almost pitch black down below and the bottom temp was 22C o_O

full.jpg

Deco though was 26C so not too uncomfortable in a 5mm + hooded vest.

My dive plan was to photograph a beer bottle at 61m unfortunately my computer read out doesn't show in the photo for some reason :(

full

I guess I need to go back and try again or have a buddy hold the bottle next time.

Loads of trevally and barracuda swimming around the mooring line

full

full

Weather for the rest of the weekend is not looking good though, diving from Fujairah has been cancelled from this afternoon and for Saturday

Two great dives yesterday on Inch 10 and Car Cemetery 2, Phidiana militaris and indica everywhere, on CC2 there were at least 2-3 per square foot!

Water temp was 25C, and I was still cosy in my 5mm. Air temps on the way over dropped to 16C around Fossil Rock area and I think it was around 29C when we left Fujairah after lunch.

Vis on Inch 10 was pretty good with all of the wreck visible from 16m, still a lot of crud around the 6m level to surface.

The mooring on CC2 was gone, however se dropped a shotline and it was bang on next to one of the cars and literally crawling with Phiidana sp.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full

Can't believe this thread is still active :) I haven't been on SB for a couple of years, but straight away it feels like coming home - I miss you guys <3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom