Suunto problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi anybody had any problems with suunto zoop novo , six dives in and it’s playing up like a button is stuck thanks

Have those dives been in salt or fresh water? If salt, do you rinse your computer well after your dives and work each of the buttons thoroughly to remove salt deposits from possibly making the buttons feel like they're stuck? Try using a bit of warm water. If all else fails, contact Suunto. (I also do the same for my camera housing and strobes.)

I've had a Vyper Air and a back up Zoop for a little more than 100 dives and with rinsing after dives, I have not had an issue. I have a 3 button Zoop and a 4 button Vyper Air. Let us know what you find!

@outofofficebrb is correct but taking a step further, if you're not planning on using the DC for a little while, let it sit in a small bucket of water. I don't dive a Suunto anymore but this was what I did with my old D4i that had those tiny buttons. While in the water, press the buttons in and out just to open up the press of the buttons that much more.

Last, make sure your bucket is not 15ft of water or else your zoop will think you're in an doing a SS for a LONG time.

Had the same thing when I got my Vyper. I thought I was rinsing it well, but now I let it soak for 30 mins or so in warm water after every dive and no problems since.

Suunto had a bad batch of Zoop Novos. Take it back to your dealer. They can send it back to a Level 2 service center for replacement.

I had several zoops at one time when I ran a non-profit. Several of them started diving deep and kept going sitting at my house. Return to SUUNTO and they handled it.

Suunto had a bad batch of Zoop Novos. Take it back to your dealer. They can send it back to a Level 2 service center for replacement.
I was going to post a new thread about this, but this may speak to it.

We had 6 (six!) Novo's from our rental line fail within about three months of each other. All of them got the same HWERR:009 error, which is the pressure sensor, I believe. Their customer service has been solid and we've gotten them all replaced for free, but man it was frustrating for a while.

I was going to post a new thread about this, but this may speak to it.

We had 6 (six!) Novo's from our rental line fail within about three months of each other. All of them got the same HWERR:009 error, which is the pressure sensor, I believe. Their customer service has been solid and we've gotten them all replaced for free, but man it was frustrating for a while.
Those buttons are too darn small when I had mine. Sounds like your Novos infected each other?

Those buttons are too darn small when I had mine. Sounds like your Novos infected each other?

My 3 button zoop's buttons are small and pretty hard to push down - I'm glad it's only a backup. My Vyper Air has 4 buttons but it has the cover over it so the buttons are much easier to press. I guess I could get a boot for the 3 button zoop and it would solve the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom