Trilam suit punctured by storage pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnjhuz76

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

the other day I noticed a pinhole in my pretty new trilam-suit.
I figured it must have been one of the screws the storage pack is attached to the backplate with, that had worked its way through.

Actually three options come to my mind to prevent this in the future:
  • No storage pack
  • Cover the screws somehow (Duct tape?)
  • Replace the screws with something less abrasive (Bungee?)
Anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you address it?

TIA,
Peter

I could see a screw tip producing a pinhole, but a screw HEAD surely would abrade a much larger area, not make a pinhole. Any sharp metal fittings, edges, in that area? Anything that might have had a metal shaving or other sharp point on it?

My vote is for the screw head off the sex bolt. The slot can definitely be sharp,

Do you actually use the storage pack?

None of my BP/W’s have ever used the storage pack and i’ve never felt the need to have one. My vote is just get rid of the storage pack.

Thanks for the tips so far!

It was a slotted screw with a dent in the slot (most likely my bad not being careful enough with the screwdriver:facepalm::dork2:).

Ironical enough, I considered the storage pack to be some extra protection for my suit... Will replace the screw with a new one and make sure there are no rough edges anymore :)

I'm drawing a blank and google isn't helpful. What is a "Storage Pack" in this context?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom