Dive-suit Derrière Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My 7mm Scubapro Ladies Sz 14 wetsuit is snug in chest, especially over my Thermalution vest, however it is loose in hip/butt/upper thigh area so that i can “pinch an inch” of neoprene.

I was thinking I could wear fleece-lined, polyester leggings to fill in this area, add extra layer for warmth, and it would slow water circulation.

Has anyone had a suit with a looser section, that they fixed this way, or another solution? Other than custom wetsuit, not ready for that expenditure this summer.

Well, you got an actually useful answer, so l can balance that with "eat more donuts," which is not. Unless you really, really like donuts. Yum.

Darn it, now I need to get donuts.

Bubbles, a friend of mine had a similar "but I don't want a custom suit" problem. She was a good seamstress, and found it relatively simple to just cut open the wetsuit (using a new and sharp razor blade) and make a dart in the seam to get a better fit. The hardest part of course is measuring yourself while you're in the suit and trying to turn around.

But you might consider picking up some neoprene online or at a dive shop, maybe ask them if they've got a junked wetsuit around, and try cutting and reseaming a piece of it. You reattach the edges by using neoprene cement (or Aquaseal, very good just not as flexible) and when the adhesive has dried, you surface stitch across the seam, once on each side. Like sewing up a surgical seam, same thing.

Or, if there's someplace around you that does offer custom wetsuits? Ask them to tailor yours for you.

Cheaper and safer than a Brazilian butt lift.(G)

When I read your thread title I thought it said "diarrhea" instead of "derriere", and clicked on it thinking "this is going to be funny"!

I guess that's a thread topic for another time.

When I read your thread title I thought it said "diarrhea" instead of "derriere", and clicked on it thinking "this is going to be funny"!

I guess that's a thread topic for another time.
There already is a thread from years ago about that - warhammer manoeuvre.

Long live the war hammer
But honestly a wetsuit isn't hard to customize a bit of neoprene cement and learning how to blind stitch I all you need I took in my neck seal with this method use nylon thread for blind stitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom