USIA Combat Dress Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skiddy79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any experience with this drysuit? Looks like it is a military grade suit. I have the opportunity to pick one up with undergarments for $200.

Found this on the federal supply schedule. Looks like this suit should last me a good long time.

USIASYS6000DS: COMBAT DIVER’S DRESS ...................................................................... $1,087.00
Dive suit of 400 series denier pac-cloth. Hard soled boots, military grade latex seals, 1000 denier Cordura® reinforced arms, butt, wrist and boot protectors and full frontal (top and pant) protection. The Combat Diver’s Dress uses a Si Tech Low Profile Variable Volume Exhaust Valve and a Swivel Inflate Valve, and comes with a suit bag, LP hose, neck ring and maintenance kit. Colors available: gold, royal blue, woodland camouflage, black, orange, red, desert and OD green. Specify front diagonal, front wrap-around or rear shoulder entry.
Available in Techniflex stretch fabric, add $53.00. Add $134.00 for non-mag zipper. Relief Zipper, add $126.00. Combat Cargo Pocket, add $64.00.

USIASYS7000M: COMBAT DIVER’S DRESS SYSTEM ........................................................... $1,241.00
This system includes the COMBAT DIVER’S DRESS described above with the Exotherm II thermal-wear, a two- sided system bag, neck ring, LP hose and maintenance kit. Colors available: gold, royal blue, camouflage, black, orange, red, desert and OD green

if it fits, then grab it. USIA makes very good drysuits, they just don't really know how to custom cut one properly which is why I no longer use their suits

They do mention "urethane coated pac cloth" and in my experience, that type of material ALWAYS delaminates, sooner or later. Sometimes three years, sometimes eight, but the urethane starts to delaminate. If they are dumping old stock--this may be an issue. Or, stock they've had problems and military rejections with. Tri-lam can be a great way to go, as long as you are aware it has a finite shelf life. And less with use.

Found this on the federal supply schedule. Looks like this suit should last me a good long time.

USIASYS6000DS: COMBAT DIVER’S DRESS ...................................................................... $1,087.00
Dive suit of 400 series denier pac-cloth. Hard soled boots, military grade latex seals, 1000 denier Cordura® reinforced arms, butt, wrist and boot protectors and full frontal (top and pant) protection. The Combat Diver’s Dress uses a Si Tech Low Profile Variable Volume Exhaust Valve and a Swivel Inflate Valve, and comes with a suit bag, LP hose, neck ring and maintenance kit. Colors available: gold, royal blue, woodland camouflage, black, orange, red, desert and OD green. Specify front diagonal, front wrap-around or rear shoulder entry.
Available in Techniflex stretch fabric, add $53.00. Add $134.00 for non-mag zipper. Relief Zipper, add $126.00. Combat Cargo Pocket, add $64.00.

USIASYS7000M: COMBAT DIVER’S DRESS SYSTEM ........................................................... $1,241.00
This system includes the COMBAT DIVER’S DRESS described above with the Exotherm II thermal-wear, a two- sided system bag, neck ring, LP hose and maintenance kit. Colors available: gold, royal blue, camouflage, black, orange, red, desert and OD green
I have a USIA Techniflex custom cut suit and I'm happy with my fit. USIA is local to be, but I think they make a very good drysuit. For $200 (with undergarments) you really can't go wrong.

Thank you all for your replies. I got the suit today and it fits snuggly with the undergarments but is a touch long in the legs. This isn’t anything I can’t deal with. As a bonus, the attached boots fit into both pairs of my fins. The undergarments still had the tags on them and the kit was complete with lp hose, comfort ring, manual and even the warranty card. All in all I feel pretty lucky to have found this deal. The suit itself looks like it may have been dived once or maybe twice. The factory alignment marks are still on the zipper teeth!

Last edited:
Looks like you hit the jackpot with this suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom