In need of help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i hope I’m not wrong. But someone on here can help me find a lost item? It’s in a man made lake in a neighborhood I used to live in. It’s not that deep but it’s been a few years since this item was thrown in the lake. If anyone knows anyone or anything that could help please let me know. It’s for Father’s Day. It’s something of my dad’s my angry mother threw in the lake. It would mean the world if he got it back. It can’t be replaced.

This thread was originally posted in Site Support which is for board issues only,

Based on your profile info - I've moved this thread to the appropriate geo forum for your area.If the lake is in a different state - contact me to move it there instead.

Man made Lakes are very silty so whoever you hire should have a metal detector if the object is metal since it's probably been buried over time.

Try googling Salvage Divers in your area also - they will hav the specialized equipment needed for a proper search.

good luck...

Last edited:
Dear Morgan,
You are new to Scubaboard so You don’t realize how much more info is needed by the community to give helpful information. For example, if looking for something small, like a sock puppet or troll doll, you could get by with a friend wearing mask, fins and snorkel. If looking for well wrapped bricks of meth in a muddy golf course pond inhabited by alligators, your going to need well wrapped brick of cash, not to mention chain mail underwear. But if Mom tosses her Wedding rings after Dad spent your college fund on a fishing boat, then an underwater metal detector would be crucial gear for such a search.
The good news is that Scubaboard is full of Heros who always appreciate a worthy and romantic quest for a Fair Maiden, (in this case being fair means you pay them for their air fills), so you certainly have come to the right place.

Dear Morgan,
You are new to Scubaboard so You don’t realize how much more info is needed by the community to give helpful information. For example, if looking for something small, like a sock puppet or troll doll, you could get by with a friend wearing mask, fins and snorkel. If looking for well wrapped bricks of meth in a muddy golf course pond inhabited by alligators, your going to need well wrapped brick of cash, not to mention chain mail underwear. But if Mom tosses her Wedding rings after Dad spent your college fund on a fishing boat, then an underwater metal detector would be crucial gear for such a search.
The good news is that Scubaboard is full of Heros who always appreciate a worthy and romantic quest for a Fair Maiden, (in this case being fair means you pay them for their air fills), so you certainly have come to the right place.

this was a really helpful message. thank you very much. everyones been doubting me that theres no way id find someone that would even respond let alone help me. i wasnt sure to say what it was or not but since youre talking about meth. its one of my dads first guns (hes a huge collector) its a 9mm smith and wesson from the 80's. he said it was his favorite gun and that you cant buy them in store or online anymore

This thread was originally posted in Site Support which is for board issues only,

Based on your profile info - I've moved this thread to the appropriate geo forum for your area.If the lake is in a different state - contact me to move it there instead.

Man made Lakes are very silty so whoever you hire should have a metal detector if the object is metal since it's probably been buried over time.

Try googling Salvage Divers in your area also - they will hav the specialized equipment needed for a proper search.

good luck...

thank you thank you! the neighborhood is in delray beach florida

this was a really helpful message. thank you very much. everyones been doubting me that theres no way id find someone that would even respond let alone help me. i wasnt sure to say what it was or not but since youre talking about meth. its one of my dads first guns (hes a huge collector) its a 9mm smith and wesson from the 80's. he said it was his favorite gun and that you cant buy them in store or online anymore
In that case, i can tell you how to get the gun back for free. Just inquire of the police divers in the area, because they have a whole system for retrieving weapons tossed in ponds, and they will probably find 1/2 dozens guns while they are about it, and, after a quick ballistics testing, fingerprinting and DNA wipe, you’re good to go!

I second contacting a police dive team. I can't think of anyone else who would retrieve a gun from a pond for a complete stranger off the internet. handguns used in crimes are often dumped in a very similar way to what you've described and I'd really hate having to explain myself to the authorities if the weapon in question had been used in a crime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom