Can you change dive computer battery yourself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EireDiver606

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys my computers battery is after dying. I got it second hand and it came with a factory warranty card.

Stupid question I know.

This is the first time this happened.

I’m just wondering can I take out the battery myself? Without buying a technician set of tools or do I have to bring it to my LDS and pay to get it changed?

Thanks

depends on the computer. Many you can easily change it yourself.
Post the model and we can see

Suunto Zoop a few years old, not sure if it’s novo or not

Thanks man

If you are changing it, have a good look at the Oring and if there is any damage (cracking, tears etc) replace it. If it is intact, give it a light smear with silicone lube before reinstalling.

I brought my Zoop to a dive shop with my reg and had both refreshed at the same time. No need to send it to the factory.

my wife had a zoop. when the battery died, you need to change the o-ring along with the battery according to the instructions. unfortunately, the dive shop did not have the o-ring, and ended up buying a mares computer on the spot. i would suggest you get a couple extra batteries and o-rings for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom