Can you change dive computer battery yourself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Suunto Zoop Novo User guide recommends to send the PDC to a certified technician to change the battery and there is no instructions on how to change it.
Besides you need a Torx T-6 for the screws + silicone grase.
Replacing the o-ring is almost always not required.

Captura de pantalla (268).png

The Suunto Zoop Novo User guide recommends to send the PDC to a certified technician to change the battery and there is no instructions on how to change it.
Besides you need a Torx T-6 for the screws + silicone grase.
Replacing the o-ring is almost always not required.

View attachment 739253
What’s your point?

-Z

Based on emoreira's and post #22 I would say the point is if you don't care about the warranty or if the warranty has expired go ahead and change the battery yourself. If you do care or you are all thumbs then send the computer in and have a certified technician do it.

What’s your point?

-Z
Sorry, my post was not clear enough.
If you have skillful hands and the required tools, and the PDC warranty is already expired, then you can try to change the battery by yourself. Otherwise send it to a Dive Center where a technichian can change it.

sunnto zoop uses a fairly uncommon battery, I bought 2 for €8 at a camera shop in Costa Adjede (Tenerife) last time I needed some and borrowed a small torx driver from the dive centre. Put a thin smear of silicone grease on the O ring seal.

sunnto zoop uses a fairly uncommon battery, I bought 2 for €8 at a camera shop in Costa Adjede (Tenerife) last time I needed some and borrowed a small torx driver from the dive centre. Put a thin smear of silicone grease on the O ring seal.
Suunto Zoop uses the CR2450 battery. Besides CR2032 it's one of the most used button batteries out there.

In UK and parts of Europe I visit / dive 2032 and a smaller size are very common but very few shops seem to keep the 2450 although they are easy enough to mail order.

I didn't read this entire thread......but my take is that if a human being with the proper tools and parts can replace a battery....and if you are also a human being with the proper tools and parts.....then you can most definitely change out the battery on your computer.

The only issue of concern is warranty requirements.

I've recently changed the battery on my Suunto Vyper Novo dive computer and had no issues when diving. Ordered a kit from eBay (battery, o-ring & silicon grease) for £6.99 and it was really simple to do. Plenty of good videos on YouTube if you need a guide!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom