Little Cayman Dive Shop Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the responses! I have contacted all four of the dive operations suggested in this thread and got quick responses from all of them. Here's what I found for those that may wonder these questions in the future:

REEF DIVERS @ LCBR
1) Do they take guests not staying at their resort? YES, AND EARLY BOOKING IS FINE.
2) How many divers per boat? UP TO 20.
3) Do they cross to CB (Tibbets Wreck)? YES. WEATHER PERMITTING.

CONCH CLUB DIVERS
1) Do they take guests not staying at their resort? YES, AND EARLY BOOKING IS FINE.
2) How many divers per boat? UP TO 20 ON BOARD. (All divers?)
3) Do they cross to CB (Tibbets Wreck)? NO.

PIRATES POINT DIVERS
1) Do they take guests not staying at their resort? YES, BUT CALL TWO MONTHS OUT TO CHECK AVAILABILITY. SPOTS GO TO DIVERS STAYING AT THE RESORT FIRST.
2) How many divers per boat? UP TO 20.
3) Do they cross to CB (Tibbets Wreck)? NO

SOUTHERN CROSS DIVING
1) Do they take guests not staying at their resort? YES, BUT CALL TWO MONTHS OUT TO CHECK AVAILABILITY. SPOTS GO TO DIVERS STAYING AT THE RESORT FIRST.
2) How many divers per boat? 8 TO 10
3) Do they cross to CB (Tibbets Wreck)? YES. WEATHER PERMITTING.

Thanks Halayeah, great to have the info rather than just speculation.
All ops have good rep. Pirate's Point, with whom I have never dived , advertises long 2 tank dives in lieu of the 3 tank per day schedule that the other ops use.

Southern Cross boats , as I recall, are smaller than the 42-46 foot Newtons used by the other ops.
Conch Divers as mentioned above, leave the LCBR dock at 7.30 even though there is no real competition for dive sites on Little Cayman.

For me, not crossing to Brac would not be a total deal breaker. Long ride, additional cost, potentially rough open water.

If your group does not have nitrox certification, I would consider before the trip to allow for deeper repetitive dives. With 3 tanks a day on the wall, it's easy to push NDL on air.

We absolutely loved diving with reef divers!!! Not having to carry gear was nice and Romel and Rachel were awesome DM's on the boats. We plan on going back next year.

I am looking for some recommendations for a dive operation on LC. I’m traveling there this December with 6 other divers. A few questions I have:
1) We will be staying at a non-affiliated location (VRBO). Will that matter?
2) Are there any cattle call boats we need to avoid?
3) Will any cross to Cayman Brac for a day? We’d like to dive the MV Captain Keith Tibbetts.

Just an FYI, I don't know if this will work for your party but the Little Cayman Beach Resort and Reef Divers have recently announced an affiliation with The Club at Little Cayman, see below:

Little Cayman Beach Resort

We have added accommodation/meals/diving package rates at The Club at Little Cayman Beach Resort. These are very nice villas with up to 3 bedrooms which make ideal accommodation alternatives for families and close friends who’d like to share common space. The Club is less than 5- minutes walking to the main resort where meals will be eaten and boarding dive boats will take place. Guests at The Club have the use of common areas of both properties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom