Trip Report Little Cayman Feb 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really see SCC vs LCBR as an ice cream vs chocolate kind of "problem". There really is no going wrong with either place. This thread has had a nice overview of some of the reasons people choose one over the other, but both are just top notch resorts with really excellent customer service and great dive staff.

One thing I would like to clear up though is that LCBR will let you do non-Sat to Sat trips, particularly if you are want to go longer than 7 nights. In our case, if we travel to LC on a saturday, it usually means taking the non-stop from Houston to GC that gets in late afternoon, with only one Cayman Express flight available to get to LC. If that one flight is full, the Sat-Sat itinerary is a no-go for us for that week. In every case, when I have talked to the booking folks at LCBR and told them a particular week we would like to come and that the saturday afternoon flights we needed to make it happen were unavailable, they have let us do a Friday to Friday or Sunday to Sunday booking as long as they had available rooms. They would really prefer to have guests do Sat-Sat trips, but when it comes to making the booking or losing business due to the lack of flight options, they will make a non-Sat to Sat booking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom