Trip Report Trip Report: July 1 - July 8, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was pretty frustrating to get in as late as we did. We boarded the first flight on time, but were then deboarded because of a software issue. It seems like that's something they should have been aware of before we got on the plane. It took over 3 hours for us to get a new plane.

The great thing about DFB is that you can check the O-rings before loading your tank. We ended up turning away at least one every day because of a bad O-ring. Some were in pieces, others were hanging halfway out of the valve.
Rough day for both of us.

I am curious. What color were your bad orings?

Typically, the ones that were hanging out of the valve were black and the ones with a chunk or two missing were greenish.
I thought that might be the case. The new orings that I saw at the Port Bonaire location were white. I would expect that they are probably slowly phasing out the old ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom