Trip Report Divi Flamingo July 19-29, 2023 Trip report and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OH2OD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I traveled to Bonaire July 19-29, 2023 for our annual dive vacation.
We were part of a small group of divers and non divers staying at Divi Flamingo Resort.
We flew from Nashville through Miami on American Airlines.
Our outbound flights had no issues, but our return flight to Nashville was delayed overnight.

Due to the resort remodeling half the Deluxe Oceanfront rooms, we stayed in a studio.
We did not cook any meals, but did enjoy the experience.
The resort staff were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was available every day.

The breakfast buffet was included in our package and we enjoyed these each morning.
We ate a few lunches at Chibi Chibi restaurant on property, but
most lunches we had sandwiches at the cabanas on the deck overlooking the ocean.
Most nights we walked to town for dinner, sometimes as a group and others as a couple.
Members of our group ate at Rumba, Patagonia, and Trocadero during our stay.
Our group again, made almost nightly trips to Gio’s for gelato.

Our dive package included boat dives and unlimited shore diving tanks. We did all our shore diving off the pier at Divi on the house reef. The pier by the dive shop is still unusable, so we dove off the South pier. The ladders are more challenging to use than the steps at the damaged dock.
The shop has wagons to help with transporting gear around the resort.

We dove green sites each morning and afternoon shore dives at house reef.
The SCTLD disinfecting procedures were easy to follow and Divi has tanks on dock.
We saw a spotted eagle ray, baby trunk fish, several turtles, lobster, crab and multiple octopus.

We really enjoyed the ten night length of the trip.
One afternoon, another couple and us rode to Jibe City and around the south end of island.

I have attached a video of the highlights of our trip.

We shared another wonderful trip to Bonaire with great friends and fabulous diving.
We hope to return in 2024 for another great visit to the island.

My wife and I traveled to Bonaire July 19-29, 2023 for our annual dive vacation.
We were part of a small group of divers and non divers staying at Divi Flamingo Resort.
Have you stayed anywhere else? Is Divi Flamingo your personal favorite option? For the benefit of others who may run across this thread researching for their own trips, what do you like about it specifically?

Note: I've never stayed there, but I stayed at a smaller property not far from it, and being at the southern part of Kralendijk is handy for people who want to focus on the southern dive sites.

Have you stayed anywhere else? Is Divi Flamingo your personal favorite option? For the benefit of others who may run across this thread researching for their own trips, what do you like about it specifically?

We stayed at Plaza a few years ago and have stayed at Divi since.
One reason the trip organizers prefer Divi is the convenience of diving the house reef. Another reason is closeness to town, we’re able to walk to town so we don’t have to rent vehicles. The restaurant on property is good but we enjoy visiting other favorites in town.

I forgot to mention Donna &Giorgio’s in my original post.
We ate dinner there twice during this visit.

Why is the pier by the dive shop closed?

We stayed there last year and liked the house reef diving and the proximity to town. We have a timeshare elsewhere that we trade into Divi so we are limited where we can stay on island if going the route.

great information, awesome video, thanks for sharing

The dock was damaged by a storm last year.
The Divi is in the process of replacing it. (Island time)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom