MAKE ME SWEAT! Name your WARMEST Drysuit Undergarment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second the whites thermal fusion. It's a fantastic set of unders with a lot of flexibility. I've also found that the fabric doesn't hold air as bad as other suits, so it's easy to vent the suit during assent.

BazzaB: How do you like the BZ400X? I tried it on and it seemed warm and toasty and flexible.
Thanks StuartV! Good to know about the Halo!

BazzaB: How do you like the BZ400X? I tried it on and it seemed warm and toasty and flexible.
Thanks StuartV! Good to know about the Halo!

It's great. Flexible in the areas where is should , and it doesn't not hold much air.
It's my favorite undersuit for wintertime and still gives you pretty good isolation even in the case its flooded
I also use the heated version for longer dives in 2-4 Celcius

A bit late to answer. I wear a fourth element arctic.

In summer I wear the Nike hyper warm tight bottoms and a thin polypropylene top underneath. Good down to 8C on the bottom.

In winter I replace the thin top with a hyper warm top and add a layer of medium weight long johns. Good for 6C water top to bottom and a suface interval at 1C

I sold my bz400x once I tried on a KWARK navy. So much more comfy, flexible and more adaptable. When I need extra warmth I wear merino base, when really cold ( sub 5 degrees )I use a heated vest for longer dives. But the KWARK is just so much better than the santi in all that matters to me.. Plus quite a bit cheaper

I recently received my (mtm, a long story) kwark navy and I was very surprised how thin it is after reading many reviews comparing it to thick thinsulates or weezle extreme.
It feels warm for its weight and it's a really a pleasure to dive.
But my other undersuit Santi BZ400X is definitely much warmer.

Last edited:
I second Landau. My wife and I also use the fourth element arctic undergarments. Not only do they keep us toasty in the cold New Zealand winter weather, they keep you pretty dry when you screw up and forget to close the zipper before taking that long stride off the back of the boat.

I had a senior moment which became really obvious when I hit the water on my second dive. Climbed back onto the boat, got the zipper closed and jumped back into the water to complete the dive. When I took off the drysuit, the Fourth Element Arctic undergarment was soaked on the outside but dry on the inside!

Forth Element Arctic with a merino wool base layer.

Back
Top Bottom