So I am not the only person roasting this moron....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you guys ever been in a silt out? This is pretty accurate.
I think he embellished the urgency of the situation given the amount of gas he had, but I didn't hear anything that seemed unusual given a panicking silt out buddy seperation entanglement in a pitch black freaking cave, assuming the story is true.

The comment criticizing charging an SPG is accurate. Cup your light on it for a few seconds and it will glow like the moon, rather than getting a blinding reflection off the face of the SPG.

Something tells me those criticizing have never been in a hair raising situation underwater where all of the sudden breathing through that reg feels like it's a straw. It takes a lot of mental power to gain back control. Had he been deep he might have died from the CO2 alone.

There is so much wrong with this story. The guy is a certified cave diver and there is so many things wrong with this story. Either his instructor was totally incompetent or he is just full of bs. I have several dozen dives in Aerolito and there is no crack from 800' back on the mainline. If his buddy did screw up putting in a jump spool it should have been a non event for trained cave divers. This is nothing but a publicity stunt

I'm sure the guy has a social media page. You should call him out and ask him to join the discussion.
That would be cool. That would be way cool.

listening to this a second time... is strikes me that his whole story to Rogan is over dramatized... a specific example of which is at 11:40 where he talks about filling up his BC thus pushing him into the roof and then breathing out of is BC...how was that supposed to extend his time by moving air from the tank to the bc? the whole story strikes me as a huge masturbatory conversation.

My interest fizzled when he told us he's a super cave diver. After hearing that, the thought of spending the next 17 minutes listening to his silt-out story just makes me tired.

Anyone inclined to give an executive summary?

You guys can rag on him all you want. I could hear the fear and desperation in his voice. Again, I just wonder how many of you are cave certified or have been in a silt out? It's easy to rag on what you don't even understand.

Back
Top Bottom