Re-purposed condemned SCUBA tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

B45307D3-6ED7-4AD6-BD0E-1A757F27724D.jpeg
Desk lamp

Now converting two steel 15 tanks into a wood burner and side oven for my van. IlI' post the pictures when its finished.

What blade?
My blade was at the end of it's life. I think it was a Diablo 96 tooth blade. Not designed for metal. Aluminum is really soft and it cut right through it. If I was cutting a bunch of tanks I would probably buy a blade designed for metal. Like this one...
Diablo 12 in. x 60-Tooth Steel Demon Cermet II Carbide Blade for Ferrous Metals & Stainless Steel-D1260CF - The Home Depot

That or just pick up a cheap Harbor Freight blade and figure it may be toast after the cut. Don't forget your 20% off coupon. :wink:

My blade was at the end of it's life. I think it was a Diablo 96 tooth blade. Not designed for metal. Aluminum is really soft and it cut right through it. If I was cutting a bunch of tanks I would probably buy a blade designed for metal. Like this one...
Diablo 12 in. x 60-Tooth Steel Demon Cermet II Carbide Blade for Ferrous Metals & Stainless Steel-D1260CF - The Home Depot

That or just pick up a cheap Harbor Freight blade and figure it may be toast after the cut. Don't forget your 20% off coupon. :wink:

It's been a while but I used to cut a lot of extruded aluminum and I believe I used a 120 carbide tooth blade with zero set and a chipper tooth inbetween the left and right teeth. I wish I could remember the other blade specs as they can make a difference. I bought one at Harbor Fright that has held up pretty well, but it has some flex so I wouldn't use it on anything critical. For slicing an aluminum scuba tank an inexpensive blade should be fine. The one Cuzza used is probably fine too but I wouldn't want to use it on anything small that might become a projectile :wink:

And the winner is ….
ops Not SCUBA tanks but high pressure cylinders !

Never the less what a great display of a HP cylinder into a piece of static art
Which we in far off Kalifornia often call "Lawn Art."

Were is this piece of Russian art located ?

Keep up the good work and .... Keep on posting !

Sam Miller, III

:)
no, it is not in Russia.
I do not know, where is it.

Some years ago I`d started to collect all interesting pictures (diving related) in to one folder on my PC.
I start to do it when I start to spent over 30 minutes to find picture, that I remeber or had seen somewere...
In one folder on my PC it is much faster to find it.
I had idea to share all this my pictures, and may be I will do it little later :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom