ScubaPro Hydros Pro HydrosPro Octo placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The little hole next to the shoulder strap adjuster is perfect to attach an octo holder. I think it's actually meant for that purpose.

I use one of these in that spot on my Hydros. They are $1.50 at my LDS.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Scuba-Octo-Holder-Strap/dp/B00TKM1NO6/

For routing, I run the hose under my right arm. To keep the hose from trying to float out to the right, I now use a ScubaPro Mk25 EVO 1st stage and I connect the octo hose to the bottom port, so it comes off the tank pointing down.

Before I switched to the Mk25, I used an angle adapter to connect from the side port of the 1st stage to the octo hose. I think this is the one I used:

First Stage LP 360 Swivel , Piranha Dive Shop |

@stuartv

I also thought about placing the octo holder on that hole, I'll try out different spots.

Regarding the hose routing, which is what I'm most interested in (on HydrosPro without int/weights). What do you do with the excess hose under your arm?

I like how many normal BCs have a pocket you can insert the extra "loop" of hose and just pull on the octo when you need it. BUT darn it, I also like how free HP feels without pockets! ha ha

Can't live with pockets but also can't live without pockets, I guess... LOL

I don't do anything with it. It stays next to me just fine.

Back
Top Bottom