ScubaPro Hydros Pro HydrosPro Octo placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I've been using the Hydros Pro with AIR2, without integrated weights (travel option) for about a year. Now I'm going to get a separate OCTO because my niece and nephew (kids) will be joining me on dives. Let's not discuss why I am changing from AIR2 to OCTO please.

My question is how do others place their OCTO hose (standard length 35-39inch) on their HydrosPro, in the travel mode (no integrated weights)? I'm guessing some type of OCTO hose holder on their right D-ring?

Would love to see some examples and please no discussion about length of hose also.

Thank you in advance.

85B25885-7465-407E-98B7-3D24A177DC6B.jpeg
I place it on the lower right D ring via th SP occy holder (grey in the pic). Use a cable tie to attach the holder as the SP clips doesn’t hold/last.

Others place it higher in the safety triangle attaching it to the hole that’s to the right of the upper chest strap (in my pic/just below the grey pull dump) SP have a video on YouTube showing that placement.

@Jay_Antipodean
Appreciate the pic. As you mentioned, I was planning on using that SP (grey) holder on the up right but where/how do you maintain the hose? I'm more more interested on octo hose management with HydrosPro.

Thank you,

I was in same situation, same set up but I'm still using integrated weights which is changing yea!!

Scuba pro sells two different magnetic clips, I use this one:

ScubaPro Magnetic Octopus Holder Professional

The octo hose goes thru the one side of the clip - it unscrews and clamps around the hose and you clip the other side off where ever you want. It's pretty firm on the octo hose so it doesn't slide around, it stays where you put it.

I route the hose under my arm and clip the maganet to the D ring where the shoulder strap meets the integrated weight pouch. I haven't taken the weight pouches off yet but if there isn't a d ring there to clip to, I'll add one.

It's very easy to hand off the second and slide your arm under it to give full use of the hose length.

When routing the hose under your arm like I do, you virtually never notice that it's there - the magnet is nice in that it's pretty strong, it stays put unless you need it.

In that picture, the hoses are criss crossed and running over her arm, I run mine under and have to believe that it's way closer to my body than that. I'll pull out my laptop and see if my wife took any pics of me where you can see the hose.

Couple pics from when I first started using the octo. I've since switched it to under my right arm, not my left. Also, after looking at the pictures, that hose doesn't hang out as far as the picture you showed but it's still too far out IMO or I can at least make it better.

Right now it's under my right arm, clipped to my right side - I'll leave it under my right arm but clip it farther left, and see how that does. Too, I may take the clip portion of the magnet off and just use the steel ring.....

Attachments

• chuck1.jpg
    chuck1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 752
  • chuck2.jpg
    chuck2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 759
@ChuckP

Appreciate the pic! Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the hose closer to the body. Definitely will keep it under my arm also.

Thanks again!

@Jay_Antipodean
Appreciate the pic. As you mentioned, I was planning on using that SP (grey) holder on the up right but where/how do you maintain the hose? I'm more more interested on octo hose management with HydrosPro.

Thank you,

My bad! Sloppy reading. :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom