Wreck diver dragged down and pinned - False Pass, Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He was probably using a lift bag to bring up an artifact when the lift bag failed sending him with the artifact on top of him to the bottom.

Story says he was diving in 10 ft of water but the metal drug him to 65 feet. Pretty shallow if true. Boat could be tied in to the wreck and he was hooking or unhooking the anchor line?

How do you come up with that assumption?
Look at the original report. At 10 feet there arnt a lot of outcomes that would drag a diver down. Lift bag accidents with artifact or salvage recovery’s are not uncommon.

Look at the original report. At 10 feet there arnt a lot of outcomes that would drag a diver down. Lift bag accidents with artifact or salvage recovery’s are not uncommon.
Maybe. Not my area of expertise. All I know is I don't want it to happen to me or anyone I know.

Glad he is OK, but wasn't this an episode of Sea Hunt?
yes it was a female diver and a plate fell on her leg , they went back to the boat and got a lever or such, -cant rememebr how many hours of deco she had to do but it was a lot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom