"#@$# Idea"->dive->bends->wheel-chair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm surprised Mustafa survived. Narked to the point of becoming unconscious at 90 meters? Blown deco obligation and it sounds like he had a pulmonary embolism from being brought up to 60 meters unconscious? Coughing up blood?

Anyway, 100 meter dive on air is pretty predictable, especially with single tanks.

I can kind of understand something like this happening in the old days when people were still figuring out how to scuba dive and diving deep on air was a thing, but how could a modern diver who supposedly has experience do something like this?

At a guess: diving was boring, let's make it exciting by seeing how deep we can get. Few hundred dives later...

to be continued....
over 50 msw (165 fsw), same age (11 y.o.)
I'm a bit confused about this video; was the point that this is a crazy dangerous single-tank dive (especially for an 11 y.o.) and bad things COULD have happened? Or did it actually end in tragedy? The choice of music (Chopin's Funeral March) certainly implies Bad Things.

It would be great if someone could translate the Russian text from the beginning and end of the video (to provide some context).

I'm a bit confused about this video; was the point that this is a crazy dangerous single-tank dive (especially for an 11 y.o.) and bad things COULD have happened? Or did it actually end in tragedy? The choice of music (Chopin's Funeral March) certainly implies Bad Things.

It would be great if someone could translate the Russian text from the beginning and end of the video (to provide some context).

The opening line reads "Tech diving for kids - harsh and merciless; Passing through Dahab's Grand Canyon at the age of 11". Closing line reads "Anarchy of descents - mother of safe diving [or diving safety]".

I believe both are author's attempts at humor/sarcasm (and so is the choice of music), although I have no idea what his relationship is to this girl.

all this topic is related to the "Stupid crazy diving"
in first case - man had became a disabled person
other two (on the video is the same boy i think) I hope still healthy and alive... but it was just very very lucky circumstance.
Any small trouble (like in the first messages of the topic) and it be able to became a tragedy.

I`d posted all this here as a remind: do not break the rules in the diving. It is not good kind of the hobbies, where you can do it.

Yeah if I make a big mistake in a painting, I throw it away and who cares! It’s not like that with Scuba.

Alexander, your story made me glad that I have chosen to focus on diving rather shallow!

Back
Top Bottom