Punta Cana dive question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LarryR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to Punta Cana in late Jan. Figured while I was there I might as well get wet. Can anybody offer input in the diving there ? Looks like Dressel divers will be the outfitter. Fine with that. Staying at the hard Rock for a point of reference. Thanks for any input.

The diving in Punta Cana is bad. The best diving is out Bayahibe on the south Caribbean coast. It is about an hour drive from Punta Cana. There are reef dives, wall dives, wreck dives, and even a cave dive if you are so certified. I always dive with John from ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe He has a small local dive shop in Bayahibe.

Does " bad" mean just nothing to see, bad visability, no marine life, etc? Appreciate the mention of Bayahibe. I had seen this and thought I may have to burn a day to go there for a better experience. This is not a "dive" vacation. Just trying to serve a few masters. Roatan in June is the dive trip.

My wife and I got certified while in Punta Cana. The diving is bad, low viz, choppy water (at least when we were there), and not much to see underwater...

We dove with Pelicano Water Sports, and were happy with them as a dive operator. They're located right next to the Hard Rock...

If I went back, I would probably do a few dives to get wet, buy it's not quality diving by any means...

Another vote for ScubaFun, was just there last week. Email them @ info@scubafun.info and Laura will set you up.

I had just posted in the Greater Antilles also asking about diving in Punta Cana. I will follow this thread as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom