New Aqualung Flagship Full Color Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are oft regurgitated arguments put forward on different types of computer by people who have nothing of consequence to add to the conversation

And yes for teh record I do have a Perdix, and can give anyone a list of it's deficiencies, because unlike most here I haven't' drunk the SW Kool aid and can look at products objectively
Regurgitated or not, I'm expressing my opinion. And I don't like Kool Aid for the record. Sorry you are not happy with the post.

These are oft regurgitated arguments put forward on different types of computer by people who have nothing of consequence to add to the conversation

Oh, I dunno: it looks big enough to house an AA so this can be a legitimate gripe.

Oh, I dunno: it looks big enough to house an AA so this can be a legitimate gripe.

It depends: Context is everything

For the AA. on a dive trip, I either need to pack a bunch of rechargeable AA batteries, or a couple and an charger. Plus each and every time I open the battery compartment, there is a risk of damage to the o rings or water ingress, damaging the unit. I'm not going to use disposable batteries because that's not environmentally friendly

On the other hand with a rechargeable battery you only need a charging lead which is USB and connects to any other chargers you generally take. Having had actual experience of rechargeable sealed batteries, I know that after almost 5 years and 600 dives, my and my wife's computer are still showing 35 hrs after a full charge. So little if any degradation - especially in our hot climate.

Now I'm not going to suggest one of the other is better, but I'm going to at least make an argument for both stating the pro's and cons rather than just saying one is rubbish without any justification.

Some day one of them'll figure out rechargeable AA and a charging port. From past history I'd bet on shearwater.

Doesn't the Teric have a rechargeable battery that is not user replaceable? I would take one of those in a heart beat. Rechargeable battery and all. Compared to Perdix it has compass. And I can wear it as a really large wrist watch year round.
Having said that, I suspect the i770 would be just fine for most recreational divers.

Doesn't the Teric have a rechargeable battery that is not user replaceable? I would take one of those in a heart beat. Rechargeable battery and all. Compared to Perdix it has compass. And I can wear it as a really large wrist watch year round.
Having said that, I suspect the i770 would be just fine for most recreational divers.

Yes. And Bluetooth for downloads. So, no ports to open and close and no contacts to corrode. Just send it in for service and a new battery every few years. I really, REALLY like mine.

Yes. And Bluetooth for downloads. So, no ports to open and close and no contacts to corrode. Just send it in for service and a new battery every few years. I really, REALLY like mine.
i like that, but you live in a country with after sale service, mostly free shipping or low cost to send and get it back. Around here, for example, no after sales, no way to send it back free, and worse to get it back, pass trough custom tariff like a new one:cry:

Doesn't the Teric have a rechargeable battery that is not user replaceable?

Yes, but it's not an AA-sized computer.

Not to criticise the Teric
Shearwaters Bluetooth can be a bit flakey
I'm more than happy with a cable I can plug in to download and charge. I don't need another charger but that can be mitigated if you have something else that needs the same charger..

It horses for courses and down to personal preferences rather than one system is better than another

Back
Top Bottom