• Back plate and wing

Votes: 121 64.0%
  • Other, please designate below

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Sidemount

Votes: 24 12.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently diving a Zeagle Brigade, but may very well be switching to a BP/W soon. Waiting to see what new stock my LDS starts carrying now that we'll actually have a tech program through TDI.

I added sidemount but do not know much about it. Is it always a soft backpack with the sidemounted cylinders? Thanks for pointing this out

no. there are 3 "main" configuration styles with several sub-styles attached to them.
"Razor" style with two plates, either soft or hard, that form the harness, then a wing attached either to the harness or around the harness. Razor, xDeep, etc.
"Florida" style with a single "plate" always soft, and an attached wing
"Toddy" style with typically 2 hard plates sandwiching a wing.

no. there are 3 "main" configuration styles with several sub-styles attached to them.
"Razor" style with two plates, either soft or hard, that form the harness, then a wing attached either to the harness or around the harness. Razor, xDeep, etc.
"Florida" style with a single "plate" always soft, and an attached wing
"Toddy" style with typically 2 hard plates sandwiching a wing.
Is it OK if I leave sidemount as a single choice here?

I'm mostly sidemount for ocean dives. I'll keep my BP/W singles rig for class pool work. And plan to configure a tiny doubles rig for class ocean work, and to compare it to sidemount. I voted both of those.

Is it OK if I leave sidemount as a single choice here?
On sidemount styles: I'm not an expert, but the Razor/Florida options have seemed, *roughly*, based on region which influences how negative the tanks used are. Splitting them out might just tell you the type of dives people are doing. Maybe not terribly interesting here. Toddy is more an adaptation of BP/W gear to sidemount use, likely not very common. The styles might be interesting to know within the sidemount forum. Just one cut at answering your question until a more knowledgeable side mounter chimes in on that.

Back
Top Bottom