Tulamben Muck Does Not Disappoint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm in Tulamben right now for a few days and although the water is coldish and the vis is not amazing, the number of critters we are finding is pretty much ridiculous... especially nudibranchs. I can't even tell you how many different nudis we have seen- big, small, fried egg, donut, solar powered, covered in shrimp... This side of Bali really is a special place.

tulamben 20192-7676.jpg tulamben 20192-7775.jpg tulamben 20192-8063.jpg tulamben 20192-8143.jpg tulamben 20192-8262.jpg

Heck, I started playing around with this little fishy-guy peeking out of a log in order to break up the nudi-fest. It wasnt until I started messing with the pic in Lightroom did I realize we were being photobombed. Good times.

tulamben 20192-8166.jpg

photo.php

Tulamben is also very special place to me. Can't recall how many time we visit Tulamben since first time in 2004. Twice in 2018 only.
I don't getting bore to daily dive the wreck or the slope in the early morning, then seraya or Melasti on the next dives.

Awesome pics!
How cold is "coldish"? I'm asking since we'll be in Tulamben in the first week of May and still debating on wetsuit thickness.

Nice pics!
What kind of camera are you using?

What kind of camera are you using?
It's not about the camera!! It's how you use it!! :wink:

Cant agree with you more about Tulamben. Trip number 4 coming up in December...a long time to wait.

Tulamben and amed are definitely very nice places for Macro, often overlooked compare to Lembeh.

Indonesia is definitely a macro mecca, Lembeh, Amed, Pasarwajo, Ambon and many more.

Super! What is the 4th photo please? I can't quite make it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom