Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@stuartv I am assuming I’ll like the H harness style as I had shoulder surgery last year.. BUT, I’ll go with the Hogarthian first to see how that fits/feels. Always time to change and tweak later if needed. Ive got to grab the rings and triglides for the harness anyway so maybe I just grab some extra webbing from DGX too and play around with different setups.

@rhwestfall - I’m not even certified but am right now in Atlanta airport on my way to Fort Lauderdale. The city to which I’m moving. I’m a gear guy in general and love tweaking stuff. Military gear, golf gear, Harley parts, etc. so I’ve dove head in on scuba gear despite some general warnings out there about waiting to buy gear until you’re more advanced in SCUBA. I might end up as “one of those guys” who buys a bunch of stuff and then ends up selling it here at half the cost just to buy new stuff but that’s half the damn fun of it, right?

this thing is still a fantastic turn-key solution without all the extra stuff of other harnesses....

upload_2019-4-16_16-16-33.png

Original 1-piece harness, Scissors and two tri-glides, separate waist webbing, and it is done!

@stuartv I am assuming I’ll like the H harness style as I had shoulder surgery last year.. BUT, I’ll go with the Hogarthian first to see how that fits/feels. Always time to change and tweak later if needed. Ive got to grab the rings and triglides for the harness anyway so maybe I just grab some extra webbing from DGX too and play around with different setups.

I'm not sure that your shoulder surgery will give you any reason to prefer an H over Hogarthian. But, cool that you're going to try "simple" first. To be honest, I'm not sure what problems anyone is really solving with an H harness, so what do I know? LOL It does seem to me like, from the people I've seen in person, MOST of the times that people feel like a Hog harness doesn't work for them it's because they have it set up with the shoulder straps a lot tighter than they should be. But anyway.... Not my circus. Not my monkey. LOL :D All that really matters is if it's safe and you're comfortable.

is one of these options what you are looking for?
Dive Rite TransPac / TransPlate Replacement Parts

you could also contact Diverite and see if they sell that piece. The are very responsive I needed a longer shoulder pad because I am between sizes. I called them and they sent me a new set within a few days.

this thing is still a fantastic turn-key solution without all the extra stuff of other harnesses....

View attachment 515050

Original 1-piece harness, Scissors and two tri-glides, separate waist webbing, and it is done!

Or just buy the whole transplate harness assembly webbing, pads, HW, and QR shoulder components from NESS for $80:
XL - Dive Rite Transplate Harness System (other sizes and colors available)

Mine is waittng for assembly onto my FP when I get back from travel.

I'm not sure that your shoulder surgery will give you any reason to prefer an H over Hogarthian. But, cool that you're going to try "simple" first. To be honest, I'm not sure what problems anyone is really solving with an H harness, so what do I know? LOL It does seem to me like, from the people I've seen in person, MOST of the times that people feel like a Hog harness doesn't work for them it's because they have it set up with the shoulder straps a lot tighter than they should be. But anyway.... Not my circus. Not my monkey. LOL :D All that really matters is if it's safe and you're comfortable.
Not everyone is built the same, the hog just doesn’t fit me, straps slide off of my shoulders, straps cut into my armpits, probably because I’m thick with a 52” chest. My H set up fits perfectly and stays in place, no adjusting needed. I’ve tried simple and it just doesn’t work for me.

Or just buy the whole transplate harness assembly webbing, pads, HW, and QR shoulder components from NESS for $80:

I own a Transplate harness. Bought it years ago thinking I knew something. Way too much more than I want/need....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom