Broken Halcyon STA weight insert replaced under warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased a Halcyon 5 lb STA weight insert in October 2016. I put about 150 dives on it (all freshwater) when I noticed one of the bolts (built into the insert) was very loose, almost coming out, late last year. This was after a pool session when my tank was rocking a great deal on my back. I emailed Halcyon, which suggested I send it in them to look at.

Life got in the way and I only sent it in at the beginning of this month. Halcyon’s website indicates warranty is for a year. I got good news late last week that the insert has been replaced under warranty, and I’ll have it very soon.

That was news I did not expect.

Halcyon gives great service. They do an excellent job of supporting their products.

Plus one on this, they replaced my 10 year old wing shell under warranty

I have one of my ACB weight pockets in for service right now ( one of the corners coming apart ). Hoping it can be repaired. Every time I have called with a question I get a live person who wants to help. Very refreshing.

Got my replacement insert last week. Opened box yesterday when I was packing for a Lake Huron trip this coming weekend. I’m not happy with Halcyon right now. They sent me an insert so bent that it cannot be used. This isn’t freaking rocket science. I can tell it’s unusable just by looking at it. Wouldn’t fit into the STA bolt holes. Sent an email with pic to Halcyon. Wondering what the response will be. :banghead:

416B380E-701C-46FE-8116-DE7F5B3C4ACC.jpeg

Got my replacement insert last week. Opened box yesterday when I was packing for a Lake Huron trip this coming weekend. I’m not happy with Halcyon right now. They sent me an insert so bent that it cannot be used. This isn’t freaking rocket science. I can tell it’s unusable just by looking at it. Wouldn’t fit into the STA bolt holes. Sent an email with pic to Halcyon. Wondering what the response will be. :banghead:

View attachment 520377

You shouldn't have to but you can take a mallet and hammer that flat to fit properly on your back plate.

-Z

Or I could just stand on it. Would still like to know why they sent out such a defective one.

Possibly damaged in transit?

Box was in excellent condition. I know something about stuff damaged in transit as I’ve been in int’l shipping since 1992.

I think the bend was an extra service provided by Halcyon for the expense one pays over and above their competitor. They are just giving you value for that "H" Tax you paid.
:poke:
:p

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom