Waterfront Property For Sale by Owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Rare opportunity
Price negotiable
Be neighbors with Dave

They will sell the Quinta Maya
May 22, 2019

In Cozumel

COCLG1-3.jpg

By Gabriel Aguilar

COZUMEL, May 21.- The federal government announced the sale of two presidential houses, one located on the island of Cozumel, and the other in Acapulco.

The information provided by the owner of the Administration and Disposal of Goods Service (SAE), Ricardo Rodríguez, in the sense that two presidential mansions owned by the Federal Government, which are located in Acapulco, Guerrero and the other in Cozumel, Quintana, was disclosed. Roo would be submitted to public auction in about a month.

Since December of the previous year the president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, had announced that he would not be using such rest homes as his predecessors had done, now it was known that they would be subject to auction.

With regard to the presidential rest home called "Quinta Maya, it is located in front of the Military Air Base # 4, headquarters of the Fight Squad 201, it has been used previously, and in many occasions, by former President Felipe Calderón Hinojosa, who liked to visit the island and practice cycling, also used by his immediate family.

Likewise, the family of former President Enrique Peña Nieto used it, and lately the Secretary of the Navy, who was on a plan to rest on the island of Cozumel.

This property is located at the entrance to the northern hotel zone and has less than 10 years of life, most of the time remains solitary until someone from the Federal Government decides to use it for a few days.

Quinta Maya is adjacent to Las Casitas beach, a public spa, the closest to the urban sprawl, and when you have the visit of a federal official, the presence of soldiers guarding the exterior and / or the coastline stands out.

COCLG2-3-300x165.jpg

I've no interest. The smaller pic you posted shows the little path leads down to the iron shore beside that wall that surrounds the home where partying kids and the homeless have left lots of mess. The walk down and the shore around there is littered with trash and there is broken broken glass EVERYWHERE. Nice historic property surrounded by walls that date back to who knows when but certainly not a good real estate investment (unless the price is right) with that mess that won't get any better beside it and will get worse and worse. Snorkeling in steel soled boots ain't no fun.

Though I'm sure it's too high for me, I am curious what price they are asking.

The news says auction but I would guess it would be above $5 million. Most properties from there, north to Puerto Abrigo are $2-3 Million and are much smaller…I mean much smaller.

I was not aware of the glass as nobody I know wants to go near the guarded Presidential palace

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It’s a nice property but being so close to the airport would be a turnoff for me lol. Good thing planes don’t come in real late!

A little broken beach glass can be cleaned up.
This glass is harder to remove:

w-1J8M3uUyEvaEeIip_Vp6XzzTmLh2I_vwBO6BG-WgFh9kzU9bZxFOMV_txaE6Dxra38ZIECe3SNDIz2rqx=w616-h821-no.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom