How long is your hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
lasting?....... I've been diving the same 7' LP hose for 10 to 11 years. There are no warning bubbles. Should I just arbitrarily replace an ain't-broke hose on principal? I'd rather not, unless it's a slowly ticking time-bomb.

I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a 7' WHITE PVC hose....
14678-10872_th.JPG

In that case, cut that unbelievably dangerous hose into small pieces before anyone dies! :)
What if it just regenerates, or worse, turns into a multi-headed HYDRA?

Here is a compromise. Buy one,,,, perhaps a myfles and keep it in your save a dive kit. If the last has lasted 30 years then so will this one. You will have one when you need one. If you are asking about a long hose than you probably already have your secondary on a lanyard around your neck. I dont see any real problems that you after all this time can not respond to. I have H valves on my tanks so I can shut the primary off completely and continue on the backup for the ascent. As long as you are in open water and reasonably shallow water dong NDL dives you should be ok no matter what you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom