Can you power down Aqualung i300C during soaking/cleaning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there a way to power down the Aqualung i300C during a soaking/cleaning?
I've looked through the manual and can't find anything so I'm assuming this may not be possible, but wanted to see if anyone knew of a way how.

Hi all,

Is there a way to power down the Aqualung i300C during a soaking/cleaning?
I've looked through the manual and can't find anything so I'm assuming this may not be possible, but wanted to see if anyone knew of a way how.
Why do you want to do that?

The only way to soak it while powered down would be to turn off the water activation feature then wait for 24 hours post dive when it turns off. Per page 7 of the manual, there is no way to turn the unit off once it has been activated.

As @BurhanMuntasser queried, I’m not sure why you would want to.

So that I don't drain the battery during soaking. I usually leave the reg & console in a bucket overnight

Do NOT soak the computer in water, in fact, don't put it in a closed container after rising it, you must put it in the open air to dry. Put the computer in a water bucket, slush it around in the water and take it out and leave it in the open air to dry.

1+ what @BurhanMuntasser said. I have the i300, no c, and I take it a step further, leaving it on a towel to dry with the sensor side down. The second or third dive I did on the computer I rinsed it off and left it out to dry. 24 hours after the dive it shut off then booted right back up. Next, it did the same thing 2 hours later. Turns out the sensor was still damp, just barely. As far as the battery, I’ve had my i300 for about 2 years, 50- 60 dives (I know that’s not many compared to some on this board), and just changed it for the first time. My Geo 2, which never shuts off, is about as old and the battery is still going strong. Basically, don’t worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom