Intro to Tech this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did drysuit, ITT, then AN/DP from a local TDI shop/instructors. My biggest challenge was/is getting more time in the drysuit and doubles combination. As far as I can tell from following Marie's posts, she has a lot more time in the configuration than I did, and I think that's a good predictor of success. FWIW, the biggest lesson I learned after the AN/DP checkout dives was the difference in my own experience / awareness / tolerance for being narc'd at ~140' with a very moderate 'under-instruction' tech task loading compared to my recent rec dives in the vicinity ~130' with nothing specific to do but look around and take photos. My own specific clinical sign is absence of any symptoms of which I am aware, or absence of any memory of symptoms of which I am aware, but clear reviewable evidence after the dive of spending way too long looking at and trying to "fix" a fouled reel before finally giving up on it (and putting up with a lot more deco than the plan!)

I did drysuit, ITT, then AN/DP from a local TDI shop/instructors. My biggest challenge was/is getting more time in the drysuit and doubles combination. As far as I can tell from following Marie's posts, she has a lot more time in the configuration than I did, and I think that's a good predictor of success. FWIW, the biggest lesson I learned after the AN/DP checkout dives was the difference in my own experience / awareness / tolerance for being narc'd at ~140' with a very moderate 'under-instruction' tech task loading compared to my recent rec dives in the vicinity ~130' with nothing specific to do but look around and take photos. My own specific clinical sign is absence of any symptoms of which I am aware, or absence of any memory of symptoms of which I am aware, but clear reviewable evidence after the dive of spending way too long looking at and trying to "fix" a fouled reel before finally giving up on it (and putting up with a lot more deco than the plan!)

I’m considering AN/DP/Helitrox. It just recently became available as a local option. I want to be able to remember the Hume when I finally get to dive her!

I’m considering AN/DP/Helitrox. It just recently became available as a local option. I want to be able to remember the Hume when I finally get to dive her!

I think that's a good idea. I've completed the TDI (normoxic) trimix course material, but haven't been able to complete the dives yet. The one solid date we had worked out over the winter got blown out and I haven't been able to get it rescheduled (mostly due to my own conflicts).

I think that's a good idea. I've completed the TDI (normoxic) trimix course material, but haven't been able to complete the dives yet. The one solid date we had worked out over the winter got blown out and I haven't been able to get it rescheduled (mostly due to my own conflicts).

It seems to be popular up here. Just a bit of He to take the edge off the narc from the cold/darkness on the Great Lakes. I was advised to do it by a number of local divers I trust and respect.

@Marie13 , need some backup? I'm ready. :letsparty:

People are just pushing @Marie13 's buttons because they have nothing better to do than to start yet another spat about the same old, same old. She likes cold water and won't take Fundies. That's her business.

FYI, I dislike cold water and did take Fundies...and I'm totally ok with @Marie13 's completely opposite desires! What's so difficult about that?

Oh, forgot to say: Good luck @Marie13 and most importantly, have fun! That's why we dive.

@Marie13 , good luck! It will be interesting to read you report on ITT course!

I think course reports (especially advanced courses) are some of the most interesting and informative threads on Scubaboard. More people might consider posting them if they didn't expect to get ripped to shreds* by rude people.

*or constantly antagonized throughout multiple threads

Is the goal for some of you guys to run certain people off Scubaboard and have them not post anymore? I don't understand.

Good luck Marie! You will enjoy t tremendously! Plus you are doing it in Canuck country so thats a bonus eh.
Perhaps next winter you’ll come back and we can play some pond hockey after an ice dive :)

Have a good trip & good class. Listen and learn no matter how many things you might have to change or improve. Steve knows his stuff. & say "hi".

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Many of the posts in this thread have been removed since they were off topic, baiting or responding to same.

Please report any additional posts that fit this description. If you want to discuss the merits of this action, please start a thread in Site Support or send your complaint to Support@ScubaBoard.com

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom