Coming in!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hook

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are coming back for our 12th(?) trip to Bonaire on Oct 24. What are the current diving conditions? Looking forward to warm sunsets and long dives.

John

We will be back on the 26th for 2 weeks our 12th time as well. I will go out on a limb and say conditions will be great:cheers:

We've been diving the last 10 days, 37 dives so far. Days are generally very hot, a few cloudy days and some wind and rain. Water is very warm, 84-85 degrees. Visibility has been variable, maybe 40-80 feet. There is more red algae than I've ever seen, not terrible, some sites with hardly any. Good sea life, 4 seahorses (2 at 2 sites), 2 octopi, quite a few turtles, a few squid, tarpon, tiger grouper, all the usual reef fish :)

@scubadada are the sites with the red algae geographically consistent? We're planning on doing more northern sites this trip. Arriving Oct 12. WooHoo!!

I'm glad is in the mid 80's, planning on going next week.
This past December was in the hi 70's and I was not quite prepared for that, it didn't mess with having a good time but it did reduced the amount of dives I made.

Back
Top Bottom