New to diving, and the board... just learned to swim lol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I'm new to diving and wanted to say hello. I'm almost 30 and have just completed the Total Immersion course for learning to swim (changed my life) and I'm now exploring resources for learning how to scuba dive.

My understanding so far is that you have to be pretty much an expert swimmer before you really start diving, is that true? In any case i don't think it's ever too early to start talking to people and doing a little homework :)

Anyway that's it for now, hi guys! Feel free to say hello, i'll just be reading around for the time being :)
Need to be comfortable in the water. Need to swim 200 yds non stop or mask fins snorkel 300 yds non stop, tread/float with no swim aids of any kind for 10 minutes. Usually done in pool. Can be At any time in pool during course .

The mantra of the modern diver
"We don't dive in water we cant wade in..."
From a easy chair to a diver -- 0ne big step

Suggest that you contact @Marie13 ASAP set up a meeting and begin working out with her at her swimming pool
~~~~~~~ BUT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You better have a car !

sdm

Sorry, not possible.

@BobbyMRDZ

If you truly live in the city and don’t have a car, my shop in the SW burbs is not an option for you. Suggest you check out Underwater SafariStrongly suggest you avoid any Groupon deals. You really do get what you pay for there.

Unless you will only be vacation diving, you will need a car for local diving. If you don’t own one, renting a car or checking with your dive shop in the city for rides from people who live near you are your best bets.

Take mask, fins, and snorkel to the pool over the winter and snorkel laps. Will help you get more comfortable the water.

Back
Top Bottom