New human joins from WPB FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy gang,

Just moved to West Palm Beach FL and got bit by the scuba duba bug. Just completed my AOW and am looking to dive more and find some dive buddies. Most of my training was at the Blue Heron Bridge. If anyone is local and would like a dive buddy, let me know.

I became interested in diving because I've been a marine aquarist for over 20 years. I became super fascinated with marine and reef aquariums and have had many tanks including a bunch of coral propagation and clownfish breeding tanks all plumbed throughout the garage and the wall to a living room display tank. My parents loved that. lol I joined the local Florida Marine Aquarium Society which offered a discounted open water cert and it was like a new world opened up before my eyes. I've been housing, caring, and loving these ocean creatures in my home and now I can actually go and see them in the wild!?

I recently moved to West Palm Beach for a new job closer to family. My job has been delayed, so I'm looking to do some dive trips. Maybe some to the Keys, Fort Lauderdale, and hopefully a bunch here locally in WPB. Also might plan a travel dive trip.

I've already learned a bunch just lurking on here, excited to learn more as a member.

Thanks

-Matthew

Welcome!

Be sure and check out the various local threads in the Florida forum. There’s one for Palm Beach, one for BHB & one for Jupiter. Many of the locals post frequent dive reports.

Welcome to the dive community! The bridge is a GREAT place to practice, do macro photography, and meet divers. I've met most of my dive buddies through SB.

Do you own your full gear yet? Do you have tanks (I have a pair of AL80's for sales /shameless plug)? How often do you plan to dive?

You lucky dog, you! The dive ops there in WPB have some great dives right there! My all time fave is the drift dive called “Bath & Tennis” on the reef out from the club of that name. Enjoy (but I don’t have to tell you that!)
🐸

Look at Facebook groups. There are south Florida diving groups. We have a central Florida diving group and It's dive o'clock somewhere in central Florida. My LDS in Ormond Beach does a monthly boat dive out of West Palm Beach. A member of It's dive o'clock somewhere in central Florida lives around Fort Pierce and arranges drift dives at Blue Heron Bridge.

If you can't find a dive buddy, you can do a dive boat in the Keys. You could easily catch an afternoon dive out of Key Largo or Marathon.

And welcome to Florida and Florida diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom