Greetings from NJ/NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome from a Yonkers native. I'm envious of your trips! Other than McClearie Park, Allenhurst Jetty & Manasquan River RR Bridge, do you know of any good NJ shore sites?
Shark River inlet. This inlet, along with the sites you mentioned, are excellent places to observe the Caribbean tropical reef fishes the Gulf Stream brings to NJ in late summer and early fall.

Shark River inlet. This inlet, along with the sites you mentioned, are excellent places to observe the Caribbean tropical reef fishes the Gulf Stream brings to NJ in late summer and early fall.
Is that different from McClearie Park on Shark River? I assume it is is tide-dependent? Regulations in July?

Is that different from McClearie Park on Shark River? I assume it is is tide-dependent? Regulations in July?
Yes, Shark River inlet is different from McClearie park. The inlet consists of two massive jetties extending out into the ocean, eventually continuing underwater. The marine life is more abundant, especially with Caribbean tropicals in late summer. It is, of course, tide dependent, and there are boat traffic related time restrictions during the summer months, making diving possible only in early morning or late afternoon and evening. There is actually no river, it is all a tidal basin. All in all, an excellent dive.

Yes, Shark River inlet is different from McClearie park. The inlet consists of two massive jetties extending out into the ocean, eventually continuing underwater. The marine life is more abundant, especially with Caribbean tropicals in late summer. It is, of course, tide dependent, and there are boat traffic related time restrictions during the summer months, making diving possible only in early morning or late afternoon and evening. There is actually no river, it is all a tidal basin. All in all, an excellent dive.
Thanks for the info. Will have to try and fit it in when I'm down there. The summer restricted times makes it tough.

That's funny, I am a member of the Scuba club you mentioned. We have probably met there.:cool::cheers: I was on their Cozumel trip in 2022 and will be going to the Maldives with them next month.

Sharon
Enjoy
Enjoy the Maldives trip. I just couldn't make that one. See you at one of the meetings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom