Scubapro MK 10 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t know for sure but it is a brand new tank that I’m using... I would think a small leak eventually turns in to a bigger leak no? I’ll test in the sink to see if it even shows up.

You are worried about a 5 psi leak from 35 minutes of having the tank valve off? Sure the tank o-ring is not fizzing just a tiny, little bit?
And I tried a second reg on the same tank and it held perfectly multiple times. Just haven’t tried on water yet.

Interested in results of first second stage in water.
Woke this cloudy morning, made coffee and filled the sink... dunked my 108 HP, and you gust it detected a leak, one bubble every second. Never had a 108 before and now that I think about it when I would breath lightly it would breath smooth then crackle a bit then tighten up then back to light after a big suck. Could this all be do to a small leak effecting the way it breaths or something else?

Woke this cloudy morning, made coffee and filled the sink... dunked my 108 HP, and you gust it detected a leak, one bubble every second. Never had a 108 before and now that I think about it when I would breath lightly it would breath smooth then crackle a bit then tighten up then back to light after a big suck. Could this all be do to a small leak effecting the way it breaths or something else?

Only one way to be sure, find the cause of the leak and fix it.

@couv

Me thinks you're trying to do too many things at once. First, isolate the problem and work from there. Install a pressure relief valve Over-Pressure Relief Valve (User Adjustable) | Dive Gear Express® on the first stage and a BC inflator hose. Spray all the components down with a solution of dish soap and water and look for any propagation of bubbles that would indicate a leak. After you've sorted out the first stage, then move on to the second stage. OR move the second stage onto a known good first stage.

The issue with the first stage is probably the piston knife edge. Use Dr. Rob's (@rsingler) piston restoration method to address that issue. How to Restore a Knife Edge Piston

Re: the 108, it sounds like something is sticking. Start with a good cleaning and continue from there. A worn poppet insert or washer will cause the intermittent symptoms you're describing. Of course, you'll want to check the orifice too in case it's damaged. BTW is your 108 an HP (adjustable orifice?)

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sounds like it`s your 108. If it hasn`t been overhauled I`d say that`s a big 'yes". With what you described (just a small bubble every few seconds) it probably needs a new LP seat and O-rings. Just upgraded my 109 with a new duro poppet and it`s a very easy overhaul. Relatively inexpensive too! like couv said, keep us posted!

So far what I found was the demand valve body was missing an O-Ring. I wouldn’t think this would cause an internal valve leak and it wasn't leaking on the outside around the hose. Going to take the demand valve apart next. Pick of seat and orifice, red O-Ring looks flat to me and dry.

upload_2019-11-10_16-12-43.jpeg

upload_2019-11-10_16-14-15.jpeg
upload_2019-11-10_16-15-43.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-10_16-6-10.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-10_16-6-10.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 43
  • upload_2019-11-10_16-6-34.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-10_16-6-34.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 30
  • upload_2019-11-10_16-11-38.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-10_16-11-38.jpeg