• 200-299

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 300-499

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 500+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Around 200. Just hobby. I have a normal fulltime office job. AVerage divetime is way much over 60 minutes. In november I did 12 cavedives between 2.5 and 3.5 hours.

I dive right here in little RI and MA. I stopped diving year around a few years ago so that has cut my dives per year down. Diving vacations are rare as is any traveling for us, my wife is afraid to fly and I wouldn't fly until after the TSA is abolished. I do drive to NC when we can find the money. Diving there is a real treat.

I've also become more selective, looking for quality dives rather than numbers, so often times the weather will discourage me from even packing my gear. This year from Sept thru early Nov I had issues that caused me to forgo all recreation for a few months. I hope to dive New Years Day something I've done pretty regular until the last 3 years due to a cold and then storms 2 years in a row. So I logged 12 dives for 2019 and did several other dives I didn't log just because.

2020 starts a new decade and 52 years of diving for me. I hope it's not my last decade diving.

Well I just started diving in 2019 at the age of 64. Got my OW cert on a Caribbean cruise in Feb. Went on another cruise in April and did two dives. Did another cruise in Dec and did 3 dives. I am a warm water cruise diver which is all I am likely to ever do and that's good enough for me. Have a 12 day cruise planned in March and have 7 dives (3 two tank and 1 one tank dive) planned. I hope to get at least one more cruise in before the end of '20.

62 dives so far (one more to go, if weather will be clement).
A mix of rec and tec (leaning more on the tec side), 50% of the time solo dives.
95% of them by boat, mostly around the Sunshine Coast, Moreton area, Gold Coast and Byron.
Only one trip this year in Thailand.

The highlight is the following: diving the Cementco wreck, I was actually outside the wreck minding my own business in around 27 meters of water, when I turned my head and a humpback with her calf appeared in front of me.
I stopped breathless and super excited by the magic moment (I love whales) and they did the same. The she moved a little bit closer and looked at me with her big curious eye: I was completely overwhelmed by the moment. She decided that I wasn't a threat and they came even closer (less than 5 meters!!) for a final look, then they gently took off passing over my head (I felt the powerful push of the water from their movement). I could have touched them if only I had extended my arms (I didn't of course).
Best. Encounter. Ever.

...of course my tiny camera was on the boat because "Nah, **** it, I don't need it..."... :(

I logged 21, there were probably another 4 or 5 that didn’t write up for whatever reason. Above average gear problems this year. My less than year old computer flooded and fried made some of my record keeping very spotty. The weather was also blowing out a few dives. Missed a couple when the wrist seal on my Drysuit split. Also had an unscheduled regulator rebuild.

My goal for 2020 is to spend less and dive more...

Logged 60.

Two trips to Florida (Keys and Jupiter)
Two trips to Cozumel
Roatan Aggressor
Couple dives @ my local quarry

For 2020, I have a trip already planned in Feb for Cozumel and hope to do some more diving at the quarry. Mostly to get reps on my dry suit. Past that we're looking at Bonaire, Moorehead City and some diving off Catalina Island.

77 for me. Two trips to the Keys, a trip to Curacao, a trip to Roatan, and some local quarry diving. A mix of boat and shore dives. Deepest dive was 115 on the Spiegel. Longest dive was 78 minutes on Smith Bank in Roatan. Also got my DM in 2019 and have been working with a University based SSI training center since January 2019.

For 2020 I have a Blackbeard's trip in January, Curacao again in March, Indonesia (Komodo) in July and likely a few Florida trips in between. Might be making a move to South Florida in the summer of 2020 as well. Hoping to crack the 100 dives/year mark this year.

15 dives this year, all rec..

I mostly shore dive locally (Monterey/Carmel), try to get a morning of dives every month or so, but sometimes things get in the way. I'm up to about 160 total dives in 15+ years of diving. A few years in there I barely dove at all. I never have the opportunity to rack up a bunch of dives all at once. Slow and steady for me.

This year, I also got in 2 dives in the Cap de Creus National Park, in the Mediterranean off Catalonia. My first trip outside of North America (I need to up my traveling). I don't really do dive trips. I do regular trips with my non-diving spouse & friends, and sneak away to dive. No complaints, the dives were fun.

Goals for 2020 is to continue diving, and maybe get to some warm water, its been years since I've dove in just a rashguard. Also maybe add some new continents / oceans. South America is a possibility.

14 - a horrid dive season....

Had a not so fun ice dive in mid-March, then started great in early June with a weekend of spectacular wreck diving in Lake Ontario. Then, nothing..... Wife's work schedule killed our opportunities, and we even cancelled our annual family vacation to Tobermory at the eleventh hour. Then, my buddy, who did go on the Tobermory trip, ruptured an ear drum, scrubbing all diving for the balance of the season.... The only silver lining to this is I just got back from a week in Curacao. Got 9 dives in there (daughter missed 2 days/4 dives due to a sinus infection). Can't catch a break this year...

Maybe next year will improve....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom