Made the jump.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The question is why have you switched to primary donate? I did it to build muscle memory for tech training. If all you are doing is recreational diving primary donate is counterproductive as it goes against recreational conventions and norms.

I have been seeing a little bit more primary donate from OW/AOW divers in San Diego. Not up to 50%, but probably at least 20%, maybe more? Some of them are visiting divers from back east and a very small sample size. Of course, we get a lot of folks from New England, maybe it's taught more up that way?

My training from zero to hero (AOW-> MasterDiver) was all primary donate, but I think that's because quite a few of the local dive shops here have a large tech business?

If you have an Air 2 or whatever on your BC, does that mean you do primary donate? I've seen them but never dove with anyone who used one.

I have been seeing a little bit more primary donate from OW/AOW divers in San Diego. Not up to 50%, but probably at least 20%, maybe more? Some of them are visiting divers from back east and a very small sample size. Of course, we get a lot of folks from New England, maybe it's taught more up that way?

My training from zero to hero (AOW-> MasterDiver) was all primary donate, but I think that's because quite a few of the local dive shops here have a large tech business?

If you have an Air 2 or whatever on your BC, does that mean you do primary donate? I've seen them but never dove with anyone who used one.

I’ve come across a couple air 2’s through my dives. There was only 1 person using one when I got certified. The few I’ve come across while doing normal dives the people never mentioned
They have one. I’ve never been paired with someone using one though.

I use a 22" back up, it's a tad short if I look left. A 24" would probably be a little better but given it's only used in an emergency I'm not too concerned about looking left with comfort.

Air 2 or similar have been around for many years so primary donate is nothing new. The main talking point is the length of the primary hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom