DiveNav has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotcha, Ill probably stop in anyway and put my name on the list, let her know to call me if she orders some.

Have a smoker exhale into your CooTwo (not while smoking). Their normal everyday exhalation is around 17ppm +-3. In a pinch you can use that to calibrate. It won't be accurate and your device may smell like an cigarette but it will get the device up and running and will tell you in broad terms if there is a problem. You won't know exactly what the amount is but you will know if there is a substantial amount. I haven't calibrated mine that way but I have checked a few smokers. They blow 17ppm.

Have a smoker exhale into your CooTwo (not while smoking). Their normal everyday exhalation is around 17ppm +-3. In a pinch you can use that to calibrate. It won't be accurate and your device may smell like an cigarette but it will get the device up and running and will tell you in broad terms if there is a problem. You won't know exactly what the amount is but you will know if there is a substantial amount. I haven't calibrated mine that way but I have checked a few smokers. They blow 17ppm.
I had temporarily calibrated mine by exhaling into it and telling it that was whatever the minimum cal range was *10ppm I think?*. I'm a nonsmoker so it should have been much lower but I use the CO as a go-no-go.
Normally I use the CO bump gas and regulator at the fire station as their new bauer has a CO sensor on the compressor itself and they don't mind if I steal some bump gas once a year.

Those cal gas tanks require a regulator or flow controller/valve? I don't think that they are too much additional cost but suspect that they will be needed unless that is something that you all have already.

I had temporarily calibrated mine by exhaling into it and telling it that was whatever the minimum cal range was *10ppm I think?*. I'm a nonsmoker so it should have been much lower but I use the CO as a go-no-go.
Normally I use the CO bump gas and regulator at the fire station as their new bauer has a CO sensor on the compressor itself and they don't mind if I steal some bump gas once a year.
Non smokers exhale about 2-4 ppm.

I ordered 34 liters from Grainger of 20ppm. Delivered to their store with tax it was 50$ and should last as long as I do.

Ok this is going to be good y’all. We have access to the sensor and probably an 02 sensor at a fraction of the retail cost. I’d like to get one of each of them to test the O2 sensor. The CO sensor is obviously going to work because it is the OEM part. Shipping from England means waiting until they have an order coming will reduce the cost. One would be around 60$ but if they add it to another order or order ten they will be 25$ and about the same for the O2 sensor. Add ups shipping of around 13$ and you are fully sensored for 63$ plus bump gas for calibrating the CO sensor. I will place an order test it out and then place ordering details probably in a new thread. If you are desperate for one sooner, pm me. I can share this info right now to anyone that needs it but testing should be able to happen quickly. I have parts numbers and contact info and I’d like to organize it in one easy to find post for the future.
Thanks so much for doing the research! Can't wait to see the post with details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom