Voli Voli vs Kadavu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joneill

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Paradise Taveuni from Aug 19-31 and was thinking about extending until the 4th to get in some more diving in a different area of Fiji while I'm all the way out there.

Any recommendations on Voli Voli (do you dive the Bligh Waters?) vs Kadavu (Great Astrolabe Reef).

How different is the diving at these locations and how does it compare to Taveuni? Voli Voli is probably logistically easier as I already have to fly back to Nadi to head home from Taveuni - so no extra flights involved.

Any thoughts from those who've dived/stayed at these other sites is much appreciated. Thanks!

I was at Voli Voli this time last year , fantastic resort and the best diving I have seen in 33 years , you can't go wrong .
Thanks - good to hear! Did you dive any place else in Fiji as well?

I strongly recommend getting a reef rod if you do not have one , some of the most amazing scenes were on the safety stops on top of the pinnacles , the surge really throws you around so you find a spot in the reef to insert your rod and you can stop and smell the roses , I ended up buying one at the resort because before Fiji I thought they were just for pointing …

I strongly recommend getting a reef rod if you do not have one , some of the most amazing scenes were on the safety stops on top of the pinnacles , the surge really throws you around so you find a spot in the reef to insert your rod and you can stop and smell the roses , I ended up buying one at the resort because before Fiji I thought they were just for pointing …
Thanks for the tip - something like this?
scuba pointer stick - Google Search:

Voli Voli is nice indeed, good recommendation. Did some good diving off Matangi Island (short boat ride from Taveuni).
In addition, I also dove with Beqa Adventure Divers in the Pacific Harbour (it was a shark dive but currents were way too strong).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom