My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which generation SiTech neck ring did you have?

After looking it up, I have the first generation. No interest in the second.

As for the rings on the wrist seals, I dive cold water (last dive 38F) and find dry gloves are necessary.

The wrist rings don’t bother me half as much. Need dry gloves, as well.

The Si Tech wrist rings are a trade off. They occassionally get in the way in warm water when reaching for a valve. They allow me to use pull over gloves in cold water and I find pull overs awesome.

I had my right wrist seal tear at a dive site last month while suiting up. Changing it took under a minute and we made the dive. 2 days later my left wrist seal tore while suiting up. Again, it was fixed in under a minute.

I didnt do any pool sessions for ANDP but logistics here for getting pool time vs shallow protected ocean sites is much more difficult. I totally see the benefits of pool sessions though..

i also recently got a made to measure drysuit and I opted for the neck ring I was told by the local distributor for a guy my size it wouldnt be an issue at all but hes has countless smaller people complain because they sit too far out on shoulder collarbone and really restrict movement. he said he doesnt recommend them unless you have very broad shoulders and small stature people tend to find them extremely uncomfortable. i actually wish mine was slightly bigger as my head barely fits through it haha.
enjoy the course! i really enjoyed mine a lot!

I didnt do any pool sessions for ANDP but logistics here for getting pool time vs shallow protected ocean sites is much more difficult. I totally see the benefits of pool sessions though..

i also recently got a made to measure drysuit and I opted for the neck ring I was told by the local distributor for a guy my size it wouldnt be an issue at all but hes has countless smaller people complain because they sit too far out on shoulder collarbone and really restrict movement. he said he doesnt recommend them unless you have very broad shoulders and small stature people tend to find them extremely uncomfortable. i actually wish mine was slightly bigger as my head barely fits through it haha.
enjoy the course! i really enjoyed mine a lot!

Planning on enjoying it! Got an email today from the DRIS person in charge of drysuit repair. 4-6 week turnaround time! Glad I dropped it off this week. If I’d waited into February, I’d barely have it back in time for the local quarry opening in early April. I’m not sure when we’ll schedule our first local quarry weekend, but due to prior commitments, I don’t have a full weekend open until the first weekend in May. Our weather can be ugly in April, so May is better.

The Si Tech wrist rings are a trade off. They occassionally get in the way in warm water when reaching for a valve. They allow me to use pull over gloves in cold water and I find pull overs awesome.

I had my right wrist seal tear at a dive site last month while suiting up. Changing it took under a minute and we made the dive. 2 days later my left wrist seal tore while suiting up. Again, it was fixed in under a minute.

What are you doing to your seals to tear them like that?

What are you doing to your seals to tear them like that?
Not really sure. I'd just replaced them a few weeks before due to age. I think there was something in the water at the site the day before that weakened them. These were shiny and new silicone seals and when they tore they looked really dull and felt rubbery. My new latex neck seal still looked new. One of the replaced seals got the dull look a few weeks later after diving theat same original site again.

Planning on enjoying it! Got an email today from the DRIS person in charge of drysuit repair. 4-6 week turnaround time! Glad I dropped it off this week. If I’d waited into February, I’d barely have it back in time for the local quarry opening in early April. I’m not sure when we’ll schedule our first local quarry weekend, but due to prior commitments, I don’t have a full weekend open until the first weekend in May. Our weather can be ugly in April, so May is better.
4-6 weeks?!? Christ my made to measure brand new suit only took 8
Good god that’s insane.
My drysuit distributor here if he’s in town (not his main job) turns around a zipper replacement and pressure test in a couple days.

what kind of suit do you dive?

4-6 weeks?!? Christ my made to measure brand new suit only took 8
Good god that’s insane.
My drysuit distributor here if he’s in town (not his main job) turns around a zipper replacement and pressure test in a couple days.

what kind of suit do you dive?

Fusion. My local shop is DRIS, which does a boatload of drysuit repairs. It’s the off season here and they are swamped. Hopefully I’ll have it sooner since a neck seal is simple.

Not really sure. I'd just replaced them a few weeks before due to age. I think there was something in the water at the site the day before that weakened them. These were shiny and new silicone seals and when they tore they looked really dull and felt rubbery. My new latex neck seal still looked new. One of the replaced seals got the dull look a few weeks later after diving theat same original site again.

Let me guess - Roubidoux or Cannonball?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom