i450T review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had an i450T for about 2 months. On each dive, my spare watch as well as others in the dive group showed similar water temps. The i450T consistently showed about 6F less than everyone else. Fortunately I bought it through a LDS. It is on its way back to Aqualung for repair.

My husband is getting me an i450T for my birthday as a wristwatch/back up computer for my Perdix. We bought the USB version which is being discontinued, so the price was very attractive, considering it could be paired with the Shearwater transmitter. We aren't sure when we will be diving in the next few months as we have just returned from two trips and have Raja Ampat booked for Jan 2021. I have some concerns about the battery issues that many people seem to complain about. If I simply wear this as a wrist watch for a couple of months, will any battery issues manifest themselves, or will I actually need to dive with it to know if I have a battery issue that Aqualung needs to address? I expect we will do another long weekend dive trip around September, but I didn't really want to wait that long to see if there is a problem (or worse, discover the problem in Raja Ampat where we will be diving 3-4 times/day for 2 weeks). Thanks in advance!

Battery Life Follow Up Question: Without starting a new tread, I wanted to ask FlyingDiver75 and those reading if they have had any issues with short battery life on the AquaLung i450t computer? Specifically running out of battery after 30 days and just a few dives? I see your review had it still going strong after 70 dives. I have a new one just bought last month. New battery installed upon purchase by the dealer. Dove with it four times over two days in 50ft of water (cold water dives in Monterey CA), this was about a month ago. Now the battery is dead. Only paired it with the Aqua Lung dive software a couple of times, and never ran the light or other use since diving in December. Only wore it as a watch a few times since then. Thoughts? Just checking if maybe I got a bad one, or if even maybe just a bad battery or something else. Thanks!
Hi. My guest have the same problem with the battery. We have just changed the battery and after one dive the battery is very low. Is there like a setting to change or is there a computer problem? The i450t is just over a year old.

Ok, well after a quick phone call to Aqualung I am feeling relieved and a little stupid...

Firstly, the backlight setting was turned "off", which is strange because I never turned it off since my last dive (I didn't even know you could), so one issue nicely fixed.
Hi Josh, where does one go to turn the back light to "on"? I have read the entire manual and can't find this setting in the menus anywhere. Here's the problem I'm having... (Frankie is the repair tech at Aqualung. He told me to switch to Panasonic batteries, but that didn't do anything.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom