Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do you think SW is opening the champagne after seeing that price?:yeahbaby:

The same website in that ad has the Mk 1 for $1599/2499

Search results for: 'descent'

So, the Mk2i is 80% more expensive. Or 50% more, in the Titanium version.

Even if it does use the PPS transmitters, I predict very low sales. And I doubt the transmitter that was in that picture we saw was actually a PPS transmitter. If it's not PPS-compatible, then I predict sales so low that Garmin exits scuba after the Mk2i.

I would buy a Teric and a Garmin Fenix 6 or 6X or something before I would spend all that money on just a Descent Mk2i.

$2500 CAD? I could buy a new computer, new phone, and new smartwatch with that kinda money...

I like my Descent Mk1 just fine, but that's really, really hard to justify. It's more expensive than any watch in their luxury, overpriced-because-it's-fancy MARQ smartwatch line.

Edit: Apparently New Zealand is more expensive than Canada. Shoulda known. The Mk2i in titanium is roughly equivalent to a MARQ watch

I've started thinking that they don't want to sell this watch to divers, but to rich people who just want to look super sporty. No other explanation for such a ridiculous price.

Or maybe someone made a fake AD to troll interested people.

Or they realized they are going to sell VERY few of them, so they jacked up the price to try to avoid losing as much money on this project.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom