When is ZH-L16C GF not ZH-L16C GF? When it is a G2 Tek computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was this announced on their official website or just offerings by their dealers in US?
I did not see this announced by Scubapro. I noticed the sale prices on scuba.com and then saw the same sale prices at Divers Supply. Scubapro does not seem to be discounted unless approved by the manufacturer. Some of these sale prices are quite significant, 26-43% lower.

I did not see this announced by Scubapro. I noticed the sale prices on scuba.com and then saw the same sale prices at Divers Supply. Scubapro does not seem to be discounted unless approved by the manufacturer. Some of these sale prices are quite significant, 26-43% lower.

Yes, no official announcement from SP yet prices are hugely discounted at an unprecedented scale.

I’ve seen these deep discounts from several retailers, I’m hoping this is SP wanting to be more market competitive and not an aqualung type sell off.

G3 with GF should be just like G2 Tek. If you switch to ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG the HUD has MB Level 0 to 5 and the G3 has MB Level 0 to 9 so hard to make a match there. Maybe a GF High 5 more than the HUD will get you close.

The big difference is that the HUD does not use Altitude Classes. So at sea level the G3 will be a bit more conservative than the HUD at equivalent settings.

View attachment 836201
I’m running GF 40/80 on the HUD and MB 0 on the G2, my diving doesn’t normally get anywhere near NDL very often at least not locally. I find the HUD incredibly nice for navigation.

Ok ,bit the bullet and have one on the way, my dilemma was with getting the newer smaller transmitter which comes at a very nice package price but with two of the older “smart” ones on hand I decided to wait on that and just get the G3.

Back
Top Bottom