New Watch Style Advanced Dive Computer from Scubapro for 2023! GALILEO 3 (G3)!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all get to make our own choices. For me I don’t want my dive computer getting banged around in day to day activities, it’s function as a dive computer is to important to me to risk it. The Garmin seems to be working out for many, I haven’t tried one but even if I did I don’t know if I would risk damage splitting fire wood while wearing it, it took a while for my Apple Watch to stop trying to call 911 while doing that.
True. To each their own. I went with both. I use a Perdix as my primary, but this is obviously not a good choice for daily wear. My backup is a Garmin MK2s. While I haven't worn it while splitting firewood, I have done a ton of other activities with it. It's pretty rugged.
You are looking for a show off toy not a dive computer. I don't want to wear my dive computer watch everyday in every activity, just water related activities, diving, and when traveling on dive trips.
It seems to me that SP is looking for this to be an everyday watch. They included some water related activity, and also styled it around old school analog dive watches. With that, I'm really confused about what market they are aiming at.

For those looking for just a dedicated dive computer, I guess it makes sense, but certainly not the least expensive option out there.
For those looking for an everyday watch that is also a dive computer. It's a maybe. The styling choices reduced available screen space compared with others.
For those looking for an everyday analog style watch, I don't think this will convert any purists. The bezel is confusing to me. What on earth is it for unless it's trying to fit in with the analog crowd. I don't think this is likely. The watch purists aren't going for a digital screen watch.
For those looking for a multifunction device, it's not for them. While it does add some activity tracking, but nowhere near any of the other multifunction watch/dive computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom