New Watch Style Advanced Dive Computer from Scubapro for 2023! GALILEO 3 (G3)!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did I know that you were a shearwater fan, lol. You know, there is life after perdix/petrel, right? (I hate the size of both)

You’re almost right. I have two Terics. Most recent Scubapro computers resemble the latest dive computers from 2010.

At least they stopped using IR!
But not HR. I’m going to DEMA next month. Will ask one of the booth reps about that. Let’s see what they say.

But not HR. I’m going to DEMA next month. Will ask one of the booth reps about that. Let’s see what they say.
Many years ago BS (before Shearwater) I dove a Galileo that had the HR, used it once put it away and that was that, I assume someone believes they are useful for something.

Many years ago BS (before Shearwater) I dove a Galileo that had the HR, used it once put it away and that was that, I assume someone believes they are useful for something.

At about the same time, I dove a Galileo on a NJ wreck dive. After 20mins the computer reported my pulse over 220 bpm and then locked up. That was my last time with HR as a variable in any algorithm I’ve used.

At about the same time, I dove a Galileo on a NJ wreck dive. After 20mins the computer reported my pulse over 220 bpm and then locked up. That was my last time with HR as a variable in any algorithm I’ve used.
Back then I always found the RBT (remaining bladder time) to be pretty accurate but once I started using a pee valve I couldn’t find how to turn it off :wink: I’ve also found the SW TTS to be off by hours :cool: :giggle:

This would be a great product if it was 10 years ago.

How so please? Any contemporary computer would. I am not following what you are getting a there.

How so please? Any contemporary computer would. I am not following what you are getting a there.

He is saying that it compares well to the leading computers from 10 years ago. Implying that it does not compare all that well against the leading computers that are available today.

He is saying that it compares well to the leading computers from 10 years ago. Implying that it does not compare all that well against the leading computers that are available today.

I understand that very well, I want his view why, reasons, it doesn't compare well against these leading current computers. What is missing or what is wrong with it. I really would like to hear his thoughts with specific reasons.

RBT (remaining bladder time) to be pretty accurate
Oh so true. :giggle:
That's why I have a fly made in my wet suits as well.
20210719_092147.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom