Scubapro Releases Two New Dive Computers! LUNA 2.0 (with & without AI with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Scubapro just announced the release of their very long awaited two new dive computers. One version is Air Integrated and one isn't AI. Both come with a choice of 2 algorithms: Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG, or ZH-L16 + GF (Gradient Factor). (You can buy the AI version with or without the transmitter whereas the non-AI can't use the transmitter at all.)

The LUNA 2.0 without AI is available now in the EMEA region and the AI version should be available in early October according to Scubapro sales office in France. The release schedule in the US is probably close to the EMEA region release schedule.

Reading the information sheet for these computers, one sees very clearly that these two dive computers will be very serious competitors in the mid-range dive computer market segment around the world (especially the AI version) at a very competitive pricing considering the features included. I can't find any AI dive computer with all of these features available from an established dive equipment manufacturer at these prices. I believe that these computers are meant for the diver who wants these features that are available in higher end more expensive models but can't afford them until now. The LUNA 2.0 pricing makes them much more affordable for all markets worldwide.

LUNA 2.0 without AI:
The NEW SCUBAPRO Luna 2.0 is a sleek, intuitive all-purpose dive computer loaded with easy-to-use features. Designed to be one of the thinnest dive computers, the Luna 2.0 offers an oil-filled thermoplastic housing for reliable performance and comfort. Its large modern widescreen features a high contrast black/white LCD display and large characters for easy reading at depth. A simple two-button interface lets you navigate the system with ease, aided by clearly marked screen prompts. You get a choice of ADT and GF algorithms, plus 100% Nitrox compatibility and three selectable gasses for open circuit diving. Three dive modes are available – Scuba, Apnea and Gauge, along with selectable PDIS and six Microbubble levels.

Easy-to-use design.

Oil-filled thermoplastic housing is super thin and sits comfortably on the arm.

Wide, high-contrast black and white LCD display screen and large characters for easy reading at depth.

Intuitive menu and two button controls make it easy to navigate through the system.

Choice of 2 algorithms: Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG, or ZH-L16 + GF (Gradient Factor).

Nitrox compatible (100%) with 3 selectable gasses.

PDIS (Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops) calculates an intermediate stop based on N2 loading, current and previous dives, and breathing mixes for safer diving.

Six Microbubble levels (L0-L5) let you personalize and adjust the level of conservatism in the ADT algorithm to match your experience level, age and physical conditioning.

3 Dive modes: Scuba, Gauge, and Apnea.

NEW soft silicone arm strap is comfortable against your wrist.

Durable silicone housing case cover & preinstalled screen protector.

Max Operating Depth: 394ft/120m.

Bluetooth Low Energy interface lets you download dives to any iOS or Android device or PC/Mac.

Firmware can be user-updated by going to scubapro.eu or the SCUBAPRO LogTRAK 2.0 app.

CR2450 battery is user-changeable and rated for up to two years/300 dives.

Bungee mounts on the corners of the housing allow for alternate securing methods.

1664843925923.png

LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED:
The NEW SCUBAPRO Luna 2.0 AI is a sleek, intuitive air-integrated dive computer loaded with easy-to-use features. Its wireless air integration feature enables you to monitor tank pressure easily, plus provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) and allows your air consumption to be factored into the decompression calculation.

Designed to be one of the thinnest dive computers, the Luna 2.0 AI offers an oil-filled plastic housing for reliable performance and comfort. Its large modern widescreen features a high contrast black/white LCD display and large characters for easy reading at depth. A simple two-button interface lets you navigate the system with ease, aided by clearly marked screen prompts. You get a choice of ADT and GF algorithms, plus 100% Nitrox compatibility and three selectable gasses for open circuit diving. Three dive modes are available – Scuba, Apnea and Gauge, along with selectable PDIS and six Microbubble levels.

The Luna 2.0 AI also offers an optional integrated heart rate monitor that lets you visually track your heart rate and skin temperature to ensure you stay in your individual target zone to maximize fun and safety at depth.

PLUS:
Air-integration monitors tank pressure and provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) calculations based on the workload from breathing.

Optional heart rate monitor records heartbeat and skin temperature that can be factored into the decompression calculation along with workload.

1664844090640 3.png

Retail Prices in the EMEA Region:
LUNA 2.0 (non-AI): MSRP €460.00

LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED (without Transmitter): MSRP €535.00

LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED WITH SMART+ PRO: MSRP €779.00

(Sales flyer and manuals for both versions are attached below)

Attachments

• Luna 2.0 Metric & AI Sales Flyer EN.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • SP_Luna 2.0 AI_Manual_EN.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 223
  • SP_Luna 2.0_Manual_EN.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 188
says it's one of the thinnest, but there's no dimensions listed anywhere. How big is the display/housing? Has anyone seen one yet?

Has anyone seen one yet?

I don't believe that it has been release to the general public yet.

For the rest of your questions, I am sending an email to SP with your questions and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Cool that it can run for 2 years on a watch/coin cell battery.

Not so cool that it's oil-filled. Presumably, the oil permeates the battery cavity, too? So, changing the battery means messing with the oil? Which probably really means having it done at a dealer, instead of easily doing it yourself, even on a boat when it dies unexpectedly.

Will it work with a PPS transmitter? So many other brands work with the same transmitter now, it's hard for me to recommend someone to buy an AI computer that won't work with those.

the battery compartment is likely separated so it isn't oil filled, else calling it user replaceable would be a bag of lies

Not so cool that it's oil-filled. Presumably, the oil permeates the battery cavity, too? So, changing the battery means messing with the oil? Which probably really means having it done at a dealer, instead of easily doing it yourself, even on a boat when it dies unexpectedly.

No, not the battery compartment.

Will it work with a PPS transmitter? So many other brands work with the same transmitter now, it's hard for me to recommend someone to buy an AI computer that won't work with those.
SP has a wider user base than the others worldwide actually.

I actually want two different computers from different vendors and two different transmitters from two different vendors to be backups to each other.

held one in my hands at the lds i deal with in western pa. he said most scubapro dealers received 1
per shop

Curious. Do you have numbers to back that up?

I was told so by a knowledgeable person in an event. He appeared to be a credible person giving various other statistics about different market segments.

held one in my hands at the lds i deal with in western pa. he said most scubapro dealers received 1
per shop

I was told by SP that in the EMEA region, the non-AI version will be shipping by the end of this month and the AI version will be shipping in October. I don't know what the situation is in North America.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom