Here during Delta now, God Bless Us All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay safe. To the extent that you are able please keep us posted on conditions on the ground and in the water, if yo make it back in. I am coming down on Sunday and would like a bit more information before cancelling.

Everybody has been excellent, at the Hotel Cozumel now and everybody has been doing everything they can. All we ask for now is prayers, God Bless Us All.

You and all on that island are in my prayers.

For now your trip isn't going as planned but at least you're in a safe place. Hotel Cozumel is ranked as a local hurricane shelter. Keep those window shutters closed & latched , have a few drinks to help you sleep because they get rather noisy in strong winds.

Thank you Flying Spaghetti Monster. Hoping the worst may be past. The lights are still on - yay. Hang in there Cozumel.
DCCFCC99-AB47-4182-89CD-6AF6392E6545.jpeg

Max wind on the island right now looks to be 31mph according to this map.

Good luck... send pics. A lot of us dive there and are depending on you to show us what's happened.

NHC said it made landfall around Puerto Morelos on mainland at 5:45 Central. On Satellite I thought it went on closer to PDC, but it has been hard to follow center because it has been disorganized ((thankfully).

Looks like it went over Punta Molas (the Northernmost point on Cozumel) around 4 am. See the screenshot below We lost power in my friends neighborhood around 4:30 am (the Calle 17/19 and the 50s area). Had a lot of flickering before then. Think there are still some lights on around , but hard to say what percentage of island has lost power

NHC Sandwich RGB from around 3:30 Local time. I actually took screenshot at 4:30 am but time stamp indicates satellite was behind.

upload_2020-10-7_6-15-58.jpeg

I calculate the same from the NHC coordinates given of landfall around Puerto Morelos which in unfortunately a few miles north of where I am supposed to go on Sunday. Keep fingers crossed that damage is minimal from this fast moving storm.

Back
Top Bottom