Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no Apple devices, either. I am not a fan of being trapped in an ecosystem. I prefer swirling chaos and open standards....

I like that I have one dive log that has in it all the data from every different dive computer I have ever owned.

Oceanic, Hollis, Shearwater, Seabear. At least 8 different computers (maybe 10?), I think, from at least 4 different brands (if I'm not forgetting any).

I am like you. I would not want to have my dive data locked up in a Garmin ecosystem when, in a few years, the next Awesome Shiny Dive Computer comes out, from a different brand, and I wanted to switch.

I am like you. I would not want to have my dive data locked up in a Garmin ecosystem when, in a few years, the next Awesome Shiny Dive Computer comes out, from a different brand, and I wanted to switch.

If you're concerned with how you'll move your data, maybe a pen, and paper is more your speed?

If you're concerned with how you'll move your data, maybe a pen, and paper is more your speed?
LOL. So the only choices are the Garmin ecosystem or pen and paper? You truly have been assimilated.

I love the MK1, I am the type that likes everything in the same eco system. I just need to talk my wife into letting me upgrade to the MK2i.

This, from the person who would go out of his mind if he had to take off his Fenix and put on a separate dive computer when he goes diving?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

BTW, I’m still waiting for some examples of how it benefits you to have your dive data in the same app as your bike/run/hike app...

This, from the person who would go out of his mind if he had to take off his Fenix and put on a separate dive computer when he goes diving?

Out of his mind? Hmm, not quite, but nice try.

BTW, I’m still waiting for some examples of how it benefits you to have your dive data in the same app as your bike/run/hike app...

Since you can't figure out how to export data, I'm thinking it might be too much of a challenge for you to understand. Shoo. Back to your flip phone with you.

You truly have been assimilated.
Full assimilation requires the user to track pee stress in real time. Garmin has got me by the...
How I ever lived without this technological wonder I will never know.

I love the MK1, I am the type that likes everything in the same eco system. I just need to talk my wife into letting me upgrade to the MK2i.
looks similar enough that she might not notice.:wink:

Has anyone seen anything on the combo pricing?

I might be late with the picture but the computer has been available here in Hawaii for about a week.

unnamed-XL.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom