Wanted: Strong screwdriver bit set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I bought two sets.
This one from Amazon for $25. I've had it about a week. I expected it to be totally use once and dispose of the bit. Surprisingly, the bits are proving stronger than the screws! So far so awesome. $0.12/bit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074R2SXBM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also plunked down $100 for a 52 piece set from fap-off Snap-on Store Hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment on quality. $1.81/bit

At 15x the price the fap-off should be AWESOME! I notice snap-on brands them as "blue point." I hope that's not an indicator of lower quality or something.

I am a fan of Milwaukee ptoducts, for their quality and endurance.

I have a brother in the trades who absolutely swears by them -- and he punishes tools like no other . . .
Generally I like dewilt power tools but I do use mulwaukee phillips bits. Mainly on account of the local big box store sold them 15 in a plastic case where the dewilt bits were just in a blister pack.

What is Blue Point Tools?
Blue Point is a lower-end tool brand of Snap-On. They are made with the Snap-On specifications but different finish. Though Snap-On owns Blue Point, manufactures are contracted to make Blue Point tools. Blue Point tools do not have a Snap-On name on them. They are the second in quality from Snap-On. The tools are simple, sturdy, functional, and able to fulfill the basic functions with minimum error.

Key Differences between Snap On vs. Blue Point | Rx Mechanic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom