The Self-Defense of Air Sharing - Why long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The Self-Defense of Air Sharing - Why long hose?
Complete exploration of the philosophy and practical reasons for long-hose primary use for scuba diving. There is a beach demonstration as well as a Karate Kid/Cobra Kai parody to send the concepts home. Enjoy.

A note on the Karate Tournament skit that can be found at 8:30. The Karate Kid/Cobra Kai skit was a real milestone for me. I had that skit in mind for at least 4 years. I’m happy with how it turned out, but was a costly 1 min and 22 seconds of video in terms of both time and money: 2 months and $120 costume planning/shopping/waiting; 2 months video filming spread out over 3 locations; 2 hours of filming/costume changes; $40 of Fiverr assistance fixing green screen and sound problems; and 4 days of total editing and green screen work.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

I am not really a "watch the video" guy - I prefer to read, but I would make an exception if one of the characters in your skit is using an air macdoodle. Seems like lots of opportunity there for laughs.

I am not really a "watch the video" guy - I prefer to read, but I would make an exception if one of the characters in your skit is using an air macdoodle. Seems like lots of opportunity there for laughs.
Go right to 8:30 for the 1 min 22 sec air share fight scene...

I searched for air macdoodle and could not find it. What essential pop culture am I behind on now?

Apparently I spelled it wrong: Air mcdoodle
Ah, integrated air rig. Yeah, I actually had one of those on my second BC...Funny you say that...I was trying to source one for the bully character...

No, the long hose started with being one of the cave diver's best practices. This practice and other best practices are what became DIR.
The long hose started for me [and others] with the Navy here, the safety diver sitting ready on the support vessel [tender] had a long hose as well as his primary [which was on a neck strap , necklace if you like] this started almost 50 years ago.
It became popular with the civilian divers in the 80s for diving the deep wrecks off Sydney for their pony bottles [funny term 'bottles'] and twin sets .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom