Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The West Palm boats can also dive close to the inlet (Corridor or North Double Ledges) and run back into the Lake Worth Lagoon during the SI. Pura Vida did that yesterday and it was SOOOO NICE!
I have done that too, what a pleasure to not have to spend so much energy trying to not fall down :) It's good for the green ones too!

.. and run back into the Lake Worth Lagoon during the SI...
It is a really close run back and a great plan. I've done the same with Alex on Narcosis. When he was ready to exit the calm inlet after the SI, every diver would be seated with all their fins, regs & BCD's on. Blast out the inlet and right to the drop point. No 10 min warning, no checking phones, no bathroom break. He'd reverse the engines, everyone stood up and jumped off in a matter of seconds.

I love the Jupiter / West Palm Bch dive boats because there are so many flexible options and backup plans (BHB too) The 2 women of tomorrow's boat - Sandy and Vicki are some bad-arse, hard core women captains !!

It is a really close run back and a great plan. I've done the same with Alex on Narcosis. When he was ready to exit the calm inlet after the SI, every diver would be seated with all their fins, regs & BCD's on. Blast out the inlet and right to the drop point. No 10 min warning, no checking phones, no bathroom break. He'd reverse the engines, everyone stood up and jumped off in a matter of seconds.

I love the Jupiter / West Palm Bch dive boats because there are so many flexible options and backup plans (BHB too) The 2 women of tomorrow's boat - Sandy and Vicki are some bad-arse, hard core women captains !!

As a matter of fact Alex on Narcosis was there waiting with Scott on Aurelia yesterday morning waiting together.

And today divers in Jupiter have posted confirmed pictures of a 13 foot Great White shark that they were able to get within 10 ft of.
It's Jupiter and there is nothing like it and the variety we have in our back yard on a 2 digit trip cost.
I don't mind seeing white sharks as long as I see them before they see me. The other sharks seem to leave me alone and I am ok if they come by and say hello without an invite.

Who's your favorite and why?

Kyalami/Jupiter Scuba Diving ... 10 am departure, one run a day so no rushing you, top notch service

Jupiter Dive Ctr ... Two boats, AM & PM slots, parking right at the shop/boats, top notch service as well

I don’t support shark baiting so I don’t use ANY of the operators that practice it. A personal choice.

Kyalami/Jupiter Scuba Diving ... 10 am departure, one run a day so no rushing you, top notch service

Jupiter Dive Ctr ... Two boats, AM & PM slots, parking right at the shop/boats, top notch service as well

I don’t support shark baiting so I don’t use ANY of the operators that practice it. A personal choice.

Thanks for the recommendations. I understand your point of view.

The West Palm boats can also dive close to the inlet (Corridor or North Double Ledges) and run back into the Lake Worth Lagoon during the SI. Pura Vida did that yesterday and it was SOOOO NICE!

This is awesome. Great way to dive in marginal conditions. I need to dive with PV at some point soon. Heard nothing but good things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom